Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Track Display Question

Started by urbecrisch, December 04, 2007, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

I got my jukebox up and running.  I'm using v3 and noticed on one of my albums (only have 2 albums in library now) there are 2 problems:

1. The number of track is listed twice.  How can I manage this?
ex. 01.01 NAME OF SONG

2. After some of the track titles, the letters WMA is present.  How can this be turned off?

Thanks.

Barcrest

That is because you are displaying the filename on tacks with no tag.... Ideally you need to tag your music correctly. Tag & Rename is the tagging program of choice, you can get a trail version of it for free that is fully functional for 30 days. To be honest the WMA support isn't the greatest, you would be better using MP3 files.

I assume you are running with the demo version of V3, i will be releasing a small update to that tonight hopefully.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

urbecrisch

Here's a few more questions:

1. I started using Tag & Rename for my music.  The program worked on one of my albums but the other one still shows in the title the band name twice and then WMA.  Both albums were tagged the same way.  What could be the problem?

2. When I try to delete an album in the configuration tool, I get an error.  Is it better to just update library rather than delete the album and upload it again?

3.  I want to add my entire CD collection to my Hard Drive so what's the best way to do it so I don't have to use WMA files? 

Thanks

Barcrest

To add you CD collection use a program called AUDIOGRABBER. It's free and works really well...

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html

The tagging issue could be to do with the unstable reading of WMA Tags if you use audio grabber that will fix this problem as you can rip in mp3 format.

Deleting albums is a bit flaky, the config really needs to be fixed up some more and it is in the todo list. You are better off generating the library again, especially if you don't have many songs. It take about 30 minutes on my P4 to generate the library with 6,000 albums. So even then it's not a big deal.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Jukebox Stats...

kremmit

Audiograbber is pretty old ripping tech.  I think the last version came out around 2005.  But then again, I don't know if anything worth adding has happened in the world of .mp3 since then.

I was a big fan of CDex, which is free, until I switched to MediaMonkey.  MediaMonkey is more than a ripper, it's also a tag & rename program, a player, and more.  The free version does ALMOST everything the pay version does, but sadly, one of the pay features is cd-ripping.  You get like 25 rips on the demo, and then that feature stops working.  Still, it's the best all-around do-everything music software I've found, and it's worth checking out.

Barcrest

I love audiograbber, I'm kicking it olde school bro.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

I'll give them both a try.  I guess one of my issues with this whole jukebox project is ripping all my CD's to my hard drive.  My touchcreen jukebox will be running on an old PIII 700mh 256mb (will be upgraded soon to max 512mb) 10gig CPU. 

I'm planning on adding another hard drive to the CPU.  Since the jukebox CPU is slower than my other 2 CPU's (P4's 2+g, etc.), I was thinking of buying an external hard drive where I can rip my music onto from one of my faster CPU's and then tag & rename the files and then plug in the external to the jukebox CPU to upload the albums.  I figured I could save some time ripping the music and then add the collection at one time to the jukebox CPU.

Will an external HD be a sufficient solution?
Would I use the EDIT TOOLS or IMPORT TOOLS to upload albums from my HD?

Any suggestions or other ideas would be great.  Thanks.

Barcrest

Once you have ripped the CD's to the external HD and placed each one in it's own folder (I name the folder "artist - album") you will then need to tag them. Once you have tagged them you will want to save a cover image in that folder for the cover art. There are some threds on here discussing this but you can simply just download them from amazon should you want a reliable solution (I call mine cover.jpg). Once you have completed this you are in a position to plug that drive with the tagged music into your jukebox machine. If you have the artist and album name you can get the tag information and cover from amazon using the get info from amazon menu item. Click the blue tick to put a tick in all the tracks then select the get info from amazon in the dropdown. Enter the Artist name and album name in the correct boxes and it should grab all the info for you. You can search the .com .co.uk and .de so the info is normally on one of those.

Now you launch the config 3.exe and point it to the root of where your music is on the drive you have added. Make sure the database type in the drop down says AUDIO (Default is audio). Then click Generate Library. You can pick some options here to generate the genre libraries before you start but if you didn't put the genre tags in there is little point.

Once complete you can exit the config and launch freebox and you are good to go. I used a machine the same spec as what you have listed and it worked fine, i have since however upgraded it to a 2.4ghz P4 and it is noticably quicker on the page flips. Also the transition animations were unusable on the P III, that aside everything else was fine.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

I have been using tag and rename so I have been doing those things you have suggested.  I did notice however, when i  use t&r, everything is saved like, artist , name of track, year, genre, etc.  When I generate library using Freebox, the genre does not show up in the albums. The albums themselves look good on the album page (track # + title) so I wonder what I'm doing wrong that I cannot get the year and genre working in Freebox.  I have set the generate genre tab on freebox config and nothing happens:(

Also, is there a way to have other info on the screen when choosing albums like, the history or trivia, etc?  Looks like it's starting to come together for me, just a few bumps in the road :)   

Thanks.

kizer

Audio Grabber with Lame Support is the only way to go. ;)

Lame meaning the encoder plugin not the program is lame.  ;D
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)