Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help please?

Started by nuggets3, June 01, 2015, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuggets3

I have been a member for a very long time, but I've never had much luck learning how to work with skins... now I have built a new system in an old philco radio case and, as result of its size, I had to go with a 12" screen with a max resolution of 800X600.  I guess I had never had a reason to look for lower resolution skins before, so I didn't realize they no longer exist.

Is there anyone who would be willing to resize one of the current skins to 800X600 for me?  I considered going back to an older build - I always liked the old B&B skin - but the newest 800X600 skin I can find is from V5.

Can anyone help?

Risim

I think the skintool resizes mostly everything.  Try it out its under file options.  I will take a look see if I can help.  Being that everybody is asking for new size skins.

nuggets3

Thanks for the help!  I'll keep messing with it too... I tried changing under file options, but it seems to just cut everything off on the right.  But, I may be doing something wrong.

Risim

I have made skins for me its quite tidious work but worth it.  I suggest changing all the pages of the skin you want to the resolution you want it. Then open skintool and resize the skin.  Now  all you have to do is move around the buttons and remove some covers to make it all fit properly. I think this is the best way to do it. 

Barcrest

Risim is correct. If you resize the back drop images you can then use the skin tool resize function to scale it down to 800 x 600. It's not 100% but it does make resizing a skin a lot quicker than doing it all from scratch.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Microsoft paint resizes the backdrops pretty good, that's what I would use
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

nuggets3

Thanks for all the advice.  I did use paint - and I've resized all the "page" files but when I try to start moving things around in the skin tool, somethings disappear and somethings just quit functioning. For instance after the resize there is no way to go back to the main page after choosing options. Album covers are half on the page and after i move them, they can no longer be selected.

Perhaps I should should just go back to a previous version when the 800X600 was included.  Does anyone know what the last build was that included a skin in that resolution and where I could download it?  All of the links in previous versions are no longer working.

Thanks for all the attempted help - unfortunately I just don't what I'm doing when it comes to the skins.

Barcrest

I have just resized the V9 Touch Genie in the skintool. The buttons etc look right but the not all the back images resized, you are better off resizing those manually anyway.

For any resizing i recommend IRFANVIEW it gives a clean image than M$Paint.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Actually your email address isn't correct so the mail failed.

Jukebox Stats...

nuggets3

Wow... Thank you so much for doing that for me... When I get the backgrounds resized, I'll send it all back to you - if you want to post it, maybe someone else can use it if they run into the same problem. 

My email looks correct -
But, if for some reason it's not working, use -

So I just need to download IRFANVIEW, resize all of the backgrounds, like "page_playing_now" etc. to 800X600 and I should be good to go?

I really appreciate all the help!

EDIT: email address removed to help prevent you getting spammed.

Barcrest

It might not have gone because the attachment is 11mb, which is odd because i am sure it was only 6.5mb on my hard drive. I have resent it to you on your alternate address. The background images will need resizing but it is not a case of just making them 800x600 (Although it is for the majority) some will need to be tweaked slightly differently as they are not 1024x768 on the skin. You can do this by using a ratio which is 78% of the original size, i got this by dividing the resolution i think that IRFANVIEW lets you specify a percentage.

If you do fix up the images i will upload it here for anyone else that would like to you use it. As i say i used the skintool to resize it so it may not be 100% perfect but maybe someone on here could tweak it slightly once i post it up.

Jukebox Stats...

nuggets3

I still haven't received it on either email... Do you have access to drop box?

nuggets3

I downloaded IRFANVIEW and I am resizing each background file... would it be easier for me just to send you the background files after they are resized?

Barcrest

Quote from: nuggets3 on June 03, 2015, 04:49:06 PM
I downloaded IRFANVIEW and I am resizing each background file... would it be easier for me just to send you the background files after they are resized?

Yeah it will be a much smaller zip then, i assume the skin was ok.

Jukebox Stats...

nuggets3

I think I've got them all resized and I compressed them... Can I get your email address?