Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Skin Poll

Started by Risim, June 17, 2015, 03:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant2110

Agreed.

My monitor is 1600x900 and I am currently using the 1024x768. It works but as Barcrest said, the ratio is wrong.

I just need ANY widescreen skin, i can put up with the res. not being perfect :-)

Mark Norville

In all honesty the program needs the Muts Nuts as a skin to make the software a viable purchase. If you could make a skin such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyhdw04o0Dg without breaking any copyright then I would purchase tomorrow. It is a simple but functional skin and a skin that a lot of people have seen in pubs. The touchgenie skin is far too cluttered in my view, and not functional at all.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Ok Im finishing up my personal skin and the gona work on a wider touchgenie skin (1400×900) and try to bring up to date some v8 skins.  Sorry cant please all.  The good thing is that thjs program lets you make your own skins, yoy just got to put in the work.  When i started i did not uderstand how to use the skin tool it was like another language but now its quiet easy and user friendly.

Norman Marshall

Ive said many a time, the skin tool is easy once you've used it a few times
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Ant2110

Quote from: Risim on July 06, 2015, 10:29:03 PM
Ok Im finishing up my personal skin and the gona work on a wider touchgenie skin (1400×900) and try to bring up to date some v8 skins.  Sorry cant please all.  The good thing is that thjs program lets you make your own skins, yoy just got to put in the work.  When i started i did not uderstand how to use the skin tool it was like another language but now its quiet easy and user friendly.

Hey Risim,

Did you ever get the 1400x900 skin finished?

Ant2110

Is there anything like this (widescreen) available for v9 ? (I used this one for v8)

Mark Norville

At the moment unless you can see it in the lifetime part, then I would say no, not for version 9 at least.

Version 9 has seen extra features that the skins do not cover, you can still use the skins, but obviously you are missing out on the new features.

A skin like this is easy enough to recreate but for myself I have two monitors one is widescreen but inside of my cabinet it is 4:3

So the skin that I am awaiting to finish once skin tool has been sorted out, is in 4:3 format.

Different resolutions need different graphics made for them, which is where a lot of time comes in.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Ant2110

That's right - the skin I am using is 1024x768 and the monitor i am using is 1600x900
So not only is the quality reduced but also everything is stretched horizontally.

I would be happy with ANY ratio standard Genie so long as it was 16:9 at least would not be stretched.
Also get an extra column of album covers on the home page.
I had this working with v8 but there is no 16:9 (as far as I can tell) with v9...

Barcrest

You could use the skintool to resize that skin to your resolution, it shouldn't take much work then to tidy it up. I no longer have a big monitor (HD TV) on my PC so I can't work with those resolutions anymore myself.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Ant2110

is Risim still on the forum?

he was intending to make a wider TouchGenie 1400x900 last year...

would like to try it if he ever g8t it finished

Mark Norville

Yep he is still here last on earlier today

Risim

Quote from: Ant2110 on February 16, 2016, 10:48:36 PM
is Risim still on the forum?

he was intending to make a wider TouchGenie 1400x900 last year...

would like to try it if he ever g8t it finished
Yeah ant Im still here.  I started to do this but never finished I will look for it later on and try to finish it if not just post it so that you may finish it.  I will be very honest this is very easy to do, its just tedious work. Which no one seems willing to do.  I  have done 3 skins scince and have 3 different resolution for my jukes from 1440x900 down.  Very busy in building new cabinets and ordering parts for new builds.  We would be willing to help you  do this if you want.

Barcrest

If i could hook up my TV to this pc I could probably make a widescreen skin again.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Happy to see people still like my original BnB skin that Coffey updated. Wish I could update it but I just don't have the time anymore  Would love to see it updated to V9
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on May 15, 2016, 06:49:55 PM
Happy to see people still like my original BnB skin that Coffey updated. Wish I could update it but I just don't have the time anymore  Would love to see it updated to V9

Good to see you still around  :beer

Jukebox Stats...