News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Feature request: PIN protect certain buttons (queue)

Started by fat-johnny, December 17, 2007, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat-johnny

I am admittedly a long-time PCjukebox user, and this request stems from a few nice features in that software that I have not discovered in Freebox as of yet.  If this feature IS in Freebox, please tell me how to enable it, and I will shut my pie-hole  ;D

Is there any way to password (or PIN) protect certain buttons other than the OPTIONS button.  My main one would be the QUEUE button.  I don't want people going in there and moving their selections up to the top of the queue........but I as the "Admin" want to be able to go in there and moving selections around as I see fit, whenever I need to during a party.

I do see that there is a way to make the queue screen "read-only" in the options.  While that is nice, it also prevents me as the Admin from going in there and move a song up for someone.  If I have the queue screen set to "read-only", I would have to:

1) Press OPTIONS
2) Enter my PIN for the options screen
3) Change the setting for "Make queue read-only" to off (unchecked)
4) Press  SAVE SETTINGS
5) Press BACK
6) Go bump the songs around

The go reset the thing back to "read-only":
7) Press OPTIONS
8) Enter my PIN for the options screen
9) Change the setting for "Make queue read-only" to on (checked)
10) Press  SAVE SETTINGS
11) Press BACK

Too many keystrokes just to move a few songs around.

My dream would be:
If I wanna move a few songs around:
1) Press QUEUE
2) Enter my PIN for the queue screen
3) The queue screen comes up, allowing me to bump the songs around
4) Press BACK, and it exits into album mode.

So....is this possible, to PIN protect certain buttons??  Is this something that other people desire?  Does this make sense?

Lemme know on all accounts,
Thanks,
FJ

Barcrest

I can add that feature no problem. I have code in there that i have not really enabled to pin code access to albums based on the genre tag. So you can lock out your adult albums from children etc.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

On the PIN screen, is there a way to hide the numbers when you type in the PIN? 

=J

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: jacktucky on December 17, 2007, 08:42:01 PM
On the PIN screen, is there a way to hide the numbers when you type in the PIN? 

=J
Barcrest,
Any idea when this will be implemented??  I had a party this weekend, and had to type in my PIN to go into the Options screen.  Someone over my shoulder saw the PIN on the screen as I typed it.  I later found this person browsing around inside the Options menu!!   ARGGGH!!!!   It would have been better if he would have seen *****  as I entered my PIN.

Please implement, or I just may have to get some new friends  ;)
FJ

fat-johnny

Quote from: Barcrest on December 17, 2007, 06:02:37 PM
I can add that feature no problem. I have code in there that i have not really enabled to pin code access to albums based on the genre tag. So you can lock out your adult albums from children etc.
Barcrest,

Just to clarify, I still would like the ability to have PIN access to individual buttons, but thats probably a bigger code change than making the PIN code appear as **** as I type it.

I think you said that maybe PIN coding for individual buttons will be a feature in version 4??
FJ

eist1

fat-johnny,

Yes, what you are asking for has been implemented in the V4 Beta. Each page can be setup for a pincode and the ***** characters are used when entering your pincode. Not sure if Barry has plans to add this to V3 or eventually release V4 to the public. Just wanted to let you know that what you are asking for is "doable" and is currently working in V4.

Barcrest

I made an announcement on the front page about version 4. I am not sure how i am going to release this, but it is almost ready for release.

Jukebox Stats...