Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool TIP : Removal of unwanted buttons

Started by Mark Norville, August 03, 2015, 12:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Guys,

I thought that I would share this tip with newbie skinners so you don't make the same mistake that I did. If you are creating a skin and you do not want a certain button on the screen, instead of dragging wildly across the screen simply do this trick.

If you are doing a skin that is 1600 x 900 for example, increase the length of the skin to 1800 x 900 and drag the buttons you do not want in a neat order to the right hand side and then change the skin to the original size, the buttons will be gone from the display, if they are not make it 1900 and drag a bit further away.

The reason why you should do this for, is that it means that if you change your mind and you want that button back you know that all you have to do is increase your size and drag it back to your main screen. If you throw it wildly across the screen as I was doing, it is very hard to get the buttons back and a lot of times I have had to start a new skin.

Sorry if this tip is too basic but it might help one person.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

Actually that's a great tip. The few times I dabbled in the skin tool, this issue here really shit me no end.   :beer

Brad

Barcrest

This is the way i tend to try and do it now although I have not made a skin in ages. If you have lost a button you can open up the .ini and manually change the X and Y to bring it back on screen if you know the location in the file. This can usually be worked out from the patch to the image letting you know what button it is.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...