Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Feature request: more info (# in queue, time remaining) on “Now Playing” screen

Started by fat-johnny, December 17, 2007, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat-johnny

On the "Now Playing" screen, is there any way to give me a little more information there?  (Without it becoming cluttered, of course......I like the nice, clean look of the new Black/Blue skin)

I would like to see mainly three things:
x songs left in queue
Xx minutes remaining in queue  (no need to keep calculating it down to the second, and keep refreshing it second-by-second.......just give me an estimate, rounded to the nearest minute)
the song counter (x:xx / x:xx) much like it is shown on the albums page.

Is that something that would be need to be added to Freebox, or just some stuff that would need to be added to the new Black/Blue skin?

Lemme know,
FJ

Barcrest

All stuff that would be needed to be added to freebox... Man things were quiter before you joined... LOL
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: Barcrest on December 17, 2007, 08:53:52 PM
All stuff that would be needed to be added to freebox... Man things were quiter before you joined... LOL

Yeah.....I kinda figured you guys (especially you, Barcrest) would get sick of my "suggestions" quite quickly  ;D

But seriously, I REALLY like the program that I see so far, and I see some minor things that I am used to from my other jukebox programs (VMJ, then PCJB) that are not necessities, just niceties.

Just throwing them out there for two reasons:
1) To get them on paper (I have a bad memory)
2) To bounce them off you guys, and see what is already in Freebox, what can be easily implemented, and which ones of my ideas that just suck!

I would also like to state that I like they fact that Freebox is a jukebox, optimized for a touchscreen.  A lot of other programs that claim to be "jukeboxes" are far from intuitive, are way too Windowsy-looking, and are way too bloated.  People started asking for functionality such as burning to CD's, exporting to Ipods and such, equalizers, CD rippers, album art looker-uppers, automagically integrate songs from Itunes, re-tag my MP3's, etc....  I like the current design of Freebox.......Keep It Simple, Stupid.  There are already other great programs to rip your CD's, there are already great programs to re-tag and organize your library.  Once you get that done, then Freebox is a JUKEBOX.......exactly what I need.  Not a ripper, not a tagger, not a Ipod downloader.....a JUKEBOX.

Looking forward to my future with Freebox,
FJ

Barcrest

Well i only need to add your queue total time stuff and all your requests are in... That however isn't as quick to add as the other stuff.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kremmit

Quote from: fat-johnny on December 17, 2007, 09:21:13 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on December 17, 2007, 08:53:52 PM

Yeah.....I kinda figured you guys (especially you, Barcrest) would get sick of my "suggestions" quite

Heh. This guy's trying to take over my job, Barry!

kizer

Just a jukebox. I guess you haven't seen the video game addons and myspace applications in the works.  ;D

Bahahahahahaha, Nevermind
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)