News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

HOW TO : Add Hundreds Of Music Videos A Day (NO TYPING REQUIRED!!!!!!)

Started by Mark Norville, September 18, 2015, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Guys,

We all have our own methods of doing things but I thought that I would share my way of doing music videos and this requires no typing or hard work on your part. So you can download and have hundreds of music videos added to your Jukebox daily. I will give you the links to download the programs that you need and the settings required so that you do not have to type at worse copy and paste.

The programs you will require are as follows :

1) Free YouTube Download : Website : http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm#.Vfwo5nlRGUk (Download Classic Version)

2) MP3 Tag : Website : http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

3) MP3 Gain http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ and also AAC Gain http://www.rarewares.org/aac-encoders.php (OPTIONAL)

Installation and settings :

Free YouTube Download (Download Classic Version)

A word of warning after you have downloaded this software, once you click on install, make sure that you click on CUSTOM install as it does want to install other programs onto your hard drive. Once you have this up and running follow the following steps.

1) Goto options (CTRL &P) or Tools and then options

2) Click on OUTPUT and select the quality of the video you want e.g 720p/1080p etc and then select an output folder this will be where you download your videos to.

3) Click on FILENAME and select Upload date and Original You Tube Title. You should also select Seperating Char as a - dash, Date Format to YYYY/M/D

4) Click on year and then click the up button to move the year to the top then original youtube title

That is all the settings you need to change, so when you download a video from youtube the filename will be something like this 2012_3_21-Katy Perry - Part Of Me you might have files that have Featuring, or official music video but I strip any extras away.

Now edit the 2012_3_21-Katy Perry - Part Of Me to remove the _3_21 so you are left with 2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me

MP3 Tag

1) Goto options (CTRL + O) or Tools > Options
2) Click on EXPORT and click the icon at the top right it has a star on the icon and says new when you hoover, now click this and give it a name, I call mine Music Video - eTouch
3) You now have a text file to edit you can remove everything you see. Copy and paste the following into the text file SAVE and then exit

<NonMP3Tag>
   <Artist>%artist%</Artist>
   <Title>%title%</Title>
   <Album>%title%</Album>
   <Band>%artist%</Band>
   <Track>%track%</Track>
   <Year>%year%</Year>
   <Genre>%genre%</Genre>
   <CommentTitle></CommentTitle>
   <CommentText></CommentText>
   <Seconds></Seconds>
   <Duration>%_length%</Duration>
</NonMP3Tag>

Make sure that your EXPORT FILE is called %year% - %artist% - %title%.mp4.tag click on ok and that will have saved, so now we can move on to tagging.

Ok we can right click and select MP3 Tag on the 2012 - Katy Perry - Part of me music video

Now click on CONVERT and then FILENAME > TAG or press ALT & 2

Now you should see %year% - %artist% - %title% preview of year 2012 artists Katy Perry title Part of Me click on ok

This will now have Added Part of Me to the title, Katy Perry to the Artist, so the only thing you need to worry about now is the genre if you wish, but you can leave it blank if it does not bother you. We can click on genre to the left and select a genre from the pull down box.

Once you have done this then click on SAVE TAG.

The final step is to export, you can either do this by clicking on FILE then EXPORT or by pressing CTRL & E

Select your Music Video eTouch or whatever file you named it and then click on ok. Job done.

You will now have two files not including any artwork. You will have 2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.mp4 and also 2012 - Katy Perry - Part of Me.mp4.tag

I also create the directory as such because I am doing 1 song for 1 folder.

Load up Config 9 and make sure you are on Videos and pointed at your music videos press update library and that will now load and you will see the artist name, track title etc.

Word of warning : DO NOT CLICK ON GENERATE LIBRARY as that loads the titles but it misses out the artist for some reason.

So as many music videos you can do a day and no typing required.

If you are doing 10 Madonna videos make sure that you export each file as it will not batch export which is a shame

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Hi Mark,

"2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.avi and also 2012 - Katy Perry - Part of Me.mp4.tag"

Should they not both be either mp4 or avi? Otherwise the tag won't get picked up.

Assume you still have trouble with the Non Mp3 tagger.

Mp3 gain and AAC wasn't used but it may be easier to download and use VideoGain, which can be automated with VideoGainLoader.

Where's the non typing bit, think I missed that.

Mark Norville

Sorry the avi was a typo it should have read mp4

You have a video file which is the 2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.mp4 and then you need a tag file which is basically a text file. I just done a test and you do not need the .mp4.tag when I used the Non MP3 Tagger than is how when you created a text file that was what came out. As long as it is called song.tag that will work, however on my first try it did lock up eTouch, but the second time it worked.

The Non MP3 tagger produces too many errors e.g it does not like alt-j as a group or other artists such as that. You also have to type certain information in such as genre, so it takes a lot more time.

I never have to type anything with my method, only minor edit's or cut and paste and that is it. I also do another file to import into kodi/xbmc. The %artist% %title% etc will be filled in for you when you export so no typing.

<musicvideo>
        <title>%title%</title>
        <artist>%artist%</artist>
        <album>%title%</album>
        <genre>%genre%</genre>
        <runtime>%_length%</runtime>
        <plot></plot>
        <year>%year%</year>
        <director>%director%</director>
        <studio>%studio%</studio>
        <track>%track%</track>
    </musicvideo>

I've never used video gain but will have a google and see what that is like but usually MP3 Gain is quick and easy for me. I just had a look at videogain and sod that for a game of soldiers I am not interested in changing video aspects and such as that just the sound so for me I click on one button in MP3 gain and job is done.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I just done a quick video I will have to play around on how to get the screen more clearer. I know that I can zoom in to a certain area but I might lower the screen size and then do full screen so it captures it all but shows the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J54x6Zxpjc4

Including downloading the video, editing the date I exported a music video to load not just into eTouch but also Kodi as well. If say for example you are downloading a whole play list from Katy Perry when you select and then add genre all files are done.

So you can do 15 to 20 files within the same amount of time.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on September 20, 2015, 10:50:47 AM
Hi Mark,

"2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.avi and also 2012 - Katy Perry - Part of Me.mp4.tag"

Should they not both be either mp4 or avi? Otherwise the tag won't get picked up.

This is probably why his tags are not getting picked up. It should be as you say.

2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.avi
2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.avi.tag
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Quote from: Barcrest on September 21, 2015, 07:13:07 AM
Quote from: Gaucho on September 20, 2015, 10:50:47 AM
Hi Mark,

This is probably why his tags are not getting picked up. It should be as you say.

2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.avi
2012 - Katy Perry - Part Of Me.avi.tag

Just to add the .avi was a typo which has now been corrected.

I have just done another video to demonstrate that Non MP3 Tagger does not work correctly hence my method, which does work and enables me to do hundreds of music videos in a day. I have to admire that there are no bugs and everything is working how it should be, which I have demonstrated by doing these videos that there are problems. I promise you that I am not using Hollywood special effects on these videos and having a conspiracy where the bugs are false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS2Sb5nx7Jg

I have just done a video of importing into eTouch with how I tag, see if you can spot the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ZcXr56CuM

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Ok. There is a bug that I was unaware of, as you have demonstrated however I think this would only happen if you run the config on a single video which I doubt anyone else has tried. I should be able to replicate this and fix it.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

The tagging does not work though as you can see with that one file the Katy Perry file the tags was in place and I copied and pasted into the other fields, although I know there are options in admin to have title as album.

I will try and import using generate library but I have done this before which is why I never use the generate only update library. I also only used one file to generate library to get the library up and running.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

I just done a generate library to show that this does not work, as you can see from my other video I pressed update library, all the artists and tagging was in place. It is not about 1 music video, me using 1 one video was a test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlzDQfsTtv8

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 21, 2015, 01:39:55 PM
The tagging does not work though as you can see with that one file the Katy Perry file the tags was in place and I copied and pasted into the other fields, although I know there are options in admin to have title as album.

I will try and import using generate library but I have done this before which is why I never use the generate only update library. I also only used one file to generate library to get the library up and running.

Regards

Mark

The tagging does work, it populated the 3 fields you asked it to. Yes i am aware of the duration issue, this was broken long ago when I lost the source code and had to go back to an earlier issue so yes that doesn't work but I don't see what else didn't work.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 21, 2015, 01:55:58 PM
I just done a generate library to show that this does not work, as you can see from my other video I pressed update library, all the artists and tagging was in place. It is not about 1 music video, me using 1 one video was a test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlzDQfsTtv8

Regards

Mark

Take the tick out of use album artist and then it will use the artist tage field rather than the album artist field.  :chad

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Ok so that works un ticking that. I will have to remember to untick that all the time as when you load config 9 it ticks by default.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 21, 2015, 02:25:57 PM
The artist was missing I haven't got a mic so I cant do audio but I am pointing the mouse at where the problems are, when you generate library it does not generate the artist field, however generate library does.

Yes take the tick out of use album artist and it will then use tack artist and that field will not be missing.

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 21, 2015, 02:25:57 PM
Ok so that works un ticking that. I will have to remember to untick that all the time as when you load config 9 it ticks by default.

Anyone else have this issue? Remember the settings are stored per library type. So you might want to uncheck it for audio, video and karaoke if you don't want to use it on any library.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Just giving a program update regarding youtube downloader an update happened today and an excellent feature has now been added to the program where it can add artwork to the download.

What this means is that it takes a screen grab from the music video and uses that as the art work to which makes the videos look a lot better than using one graphic it really adds more depth to the jukebox in my eyes. I am attaching a screen grab from Adele Someone like you to show what it grabs.

To turn this feature on

1) Goto Tools > Options or (CTRL & P)
2) Click on tags
3) Check add artwork (click on ok)

Just also to add that when you update, sadly it loses the features that you have put in before, but it does not take two seconds to put the features that you need back in.

Regards

Mark