Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cannot scroll through song list or video list

Started by pomc, October 23, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 25, 2015, 11:31:34 PM
You are right my video certainly looks different to yours. The skin doesn't even look the same really. I am only using one screen, but you are using 3 screens? Sorry I was too busy looking at the pinball machines and the rest of the room.

I would say to unhook the extra monitors and only have one, download the version from skins v9 but then when I installed 9.17 from the download it works and looks nothing like yours.

I think that it might possibly have a BUG and Barry hates me when I say BUG but the skin shouldn't look like that, but I think it might be possibly using 3 monitors.

I just had a thought, you might not have to unplug your other monitors. infact on your desktop right click and go to screen resolution, click on duplicate displays, apply and see if that works. I just tried on my TV and it works but I was using a mouse, but the skin seemed to change when I started using a dual monitor.

I'm not going to say it, oh go on, who told you so? Who gave you the best advice, who is the Daddy.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

pomc

Actually, I *AM* having the same problem on this other system. as it turns out. Fresh install of the latest v9 release and have the same issue with the right side of the skin missing and the up/down arrows not working. I was drinking a little the other night when setting this kiosk up for testing and think I was launching v8 without noticing and the skin of course works fine for me on v8.   :beer

Took some video. This PC is running XP, other system is running Windows 7.

https://goo.gl/photos/pwnUrpXHJ1Gkp7gz9

Mark Norville

On your video you have gone to touch genie (SPITS) and then clicked on an album with various artists. If you click on an album that is one artist it will show albums by that artist, however when you go to various obviously you cannot go more by artist.

I will add more in a min but working on the other computer at the moment installing hyperspin so am back and forth
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: pomc on October 29, 2015, 01:59:55 PM
Actually, I *AM* having the same problem on this other system. as it turns out. Fresh install of the latest v9 release and have the same issue with the right side of the skin missing and the up/down arrows not working. I was drinking a little the other night when setting this kiosk up for testing and think I was launching v8 without noticing and the skin of course works fine for me on v8.   :beer

Took some video. This PC is running XP, other system is running Windows 7.

https://goo.gl/photos/pwnUrpXHJ1Gkp7gz9

You are using the wrong up and down arrows.

Those are for the more by albums by artist or year or genre. For some reason you don't have the correct up and down arrows showing. I am not sure how you could have turned those off. Love the pinball machine BTW and the fact you did the video with metallica playing.

Are you sure those albums have more tracks? Also i noticed when you loaded touchgeni some of the images didn't load as you still had the solus ones showing. Can you save it out with touch geni as the skin then reload and see if the buttons all load correctly?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

pomc

Those albums I chose were because they have 100 tracks. I think I showed the different settings screen in the video and didn't turn off anything since it was a fresh installation. I'll do another fresh install and load the latest Sxx skin as well. I'm in the process of installing Windows 7 on these PCs, so we'll see if that changes anything. XP is just too much of a hassle to update now that MS dropped support.

Mark Norville

I cannot comment to much regarding Windows XP but I know that some other people are using XP as jukeboxes and do not have the same issues as yourself. Yes I personally would install windows 7 as that is still supported until 2020 and is a lot more stable than windows xp ever was.

You will also find newer drivers, e.g that are in 2015 but I would strip out as much of Windows 7 as humanly possible, and then maybe increase the ram you have inside, as a standard jukebox and nothing else, 2 gigs of ram should do, but 4 would be better.

I love the units though they look very sleek and modern.

I keep typing this but I keep stopping myself from doing so, I have mentioned before that I hate dell computers as a last resort if windows 7 does not work for you as it should, I would update every firmware that you can for the motherboard and graphics, as chances are you are using dell pcs inside of them?

I know that would be my last resort to try but I do honestly hate dell, infact I would go as far if I had your setup to try it on a non dell system.

Anyway back to the TV as just mentioning dell makes me want to slit my wrists lol

pomc

On the system in my bar, it's an HP PC running Windows 7 and that was the one I first began having problems with. I'm not a huge fan of Dell either, but one kiosk came with a slim case Optiplex and I already had another Optiplex from work. Likely will use Optiplex's in the other 2 kiosks because I want to just build one system, configure all the games and stuff and then be able to image the others. Will be much faster that way.

I'm digging these kiosks too, yeah very sleek looking especially with the keyboard removed.

Mark Norville

I just cannot understand why you are having troubles though and that is bugging me now as much as it is you. I hate having problems and I always need to solve it.

I am going to ask what codecs have you got on your system for video? I honestly think that it is something to do with your drivers or codecs somewhere.

I had formatted my jukebox from windows 7 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit and without updating it worked great for me, no codecs or anything installed.

I have read that some codecs are giving problems on some systems.

http://shark007.net/ these are supposed to be good but I haven't used them, I have http://www.codecguide.com/ installed on mine.

Hopefully some of these suggestions might help.

Regards

Mark

pomc

No codecs were installed when I had XP on the PC. I do have codes installed on the bar PC though - if memory serves it was something like the K-Lite codec pack?

Def a weird problem and will sure be interesting to see what was causing it. I'll be home in a few hours and will finish the Windows 7 install, driver updates and then will install v9 again and report back.

Mark Norville

Hopefully a fresh install will sort out the problem, but I don't envy you, I am not sure when the last time you done a fresh install of Windows 7 but it takes an hour if not longer just to go through the updates, and even then you have to keep updating after that.

I think there are near enough 200 updates just for windows 7, then of course you need all the drivers for the hard ware.

It is quite good fun though in a 50 shades of grey kind of sadistic kinkiness lol

pomc

For some reason I enjoy building new systems and running updates. Not sure why? Doing the updates now since I finished the base Windows 7 install last night.

Barcrest

For some reason the up/down arrows don't appear either because they are somehow disabled (See what you have turned off under button settings but it shouldn't be possible to turn them off) Or because the button images are not being loaded due to an error with the skin.

To reset the settings you need to remove the E-touch reg key, uninstalling doesn't do that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

pomc

Thanks for the tip on how to fully uninstall.

The Windows 7 PC was updating and also copying files from a drive all night. But I still had the other machine with clean XP and the 9.0.18 fresh install worked fine with all the skins.

I installed 9.0.18 on my bar PC with the issue and still had the same problem. But like you just mentioned the settings weren't being cleared. So tonight will do that and also will be able to try the fresh install on the other Windows 7 PC.

Thanks!

pomc

Fresh installs on the systems worked it all out. I uninstalled any version I had on the bar PC because I did have 8 and 9 installed. Cleaned up each directory and all's good on everything now.

Thanks for all the advice trying to figure this out.

Rick

Mark Norville

Ssssh it's Sunday night ;)

Glad you got it all sorted I still blame those shit Dell PC's though