Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cannot scroll through song list or video list

Started by pomc, October 23, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomc

Was hoping the 9.0.17 release would fix my problem since I was still running an early v9 release.

When looking at an album/video tracklist, the down arrow does nothing, so I cannot scroll to the next screen of tracks. I can add all to queue, so that works, but I can only choose tracks showing on the first screen of track listings. Default skin and latest SxxLxxs skin both have same behavior.

v8 works fine, so sometimes I just run that version, but that version doesn't play nice with my multiple monitor setup (3 screens - sometimes I use the 2nd monitor and sometimes I prefer to use the TV behind the bar for videos).

What can I do to troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

Rick

Mark Norville

I would say first off by saying check the touch screen monitor itself as a first step.

I think I have noticed what you are talking about where up and down is sometimes touch and go.

Are you running eTouch as administrator? If you are stop and run it as normal, if you are running as normal then try running as admin.

Barry might be able to say more, but give those steps a try first. My touch screen will not even work if I run eTouch as admin which is weird.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

pomc

Touchscreen monitor works fine. I can run v8 and scroll thru the track lists ok and I have a bunch of touch games that I play. v9, no matter which skin, will not do anything when the down arrow is pressed to go to the next screen of tracks. Admin mode or not, same thing.

Frustrating because I'd switch back to v8 permanently, but I can't get the TV to be used as a 2nd monitor correctly due to resolution. With v9 I can manually set the resolution for the TV and the videos fit perfect.

Mark Norville

As soon as I can get the touch screen back up and running on my system then I will be able to have a look for you, I know that there is nothing wrong with the actual release as I was using it yesterday so for me the tracks do go up and down as well as going through pages.

Do you have access to a mouse on that system where you can click on the up and down buttons to see if that works? I have just tried it using a mouse and for me it works so really the buttons are doing the job they are meant too, I will post more later when I boot up but just gone 8am here now so just on my first coffee.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I just tried on my touch screen jukebox and no problems my end. I tried the sxxlxx skin as I do not like the other one and never use it.

I would delete the skin from your skins folder and then download from the skins section and try it again. I would also suggest that you try your touch screen on something else near to the location of the up and down to see if you have full control or if you have any dead areas on your screen.

Finally I would look at deinstalling and reinstalling the software again but this is a last ditch attempt and an extreme measure. Try downloading the skin again just to see if that works first.

Mark Norville

I just done a quick video for you to show that no problems on my end using 9.17 and skin Sxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm0Sr35PAV4

Although it does not solve your problem, but at least you can see that it is not a bug.

pomc

Didn't think it was a bug, just something with my configuration or something like that. It is 100% not the touchscreen either.

I've installed several versions of v9 cleanly in their own directory, installed several different skins and still no success. Likely something to do with the resolution because my up/down arrows for the tracks are off to the far right of the screen and not closer to the track listings like in v8 or your video of v9. I've forced my monitor into many different resolutions, even 1024x786 like the skins are, but no luck.

Every version of 8 works fine for me, but v8 does not have the manual resolution choice in the pulldown menu and I'm unable to get the videos/now playing to appear correctly on the 3rd monitor (tv).

Going to try v7 and see if I can get that working the way I want.

Mark Norville

Ok what directory are you putting eTouch into? I know that chances are you know not to put it in c:\program files and install into a directory outside of that.

What resolution is your monitor at native size?

My non touch screen is 1920 x 1080 but I the program or windows downgrades for me.

I would suggest updating any drivers for your monitor, and also graphics card and then anything else you can think of.

Is your graphics card on board or is it an actual card?

What operating system are you using?

Are you using a commercial or non commercial touch screen? My jukebox is commercial, however I also have a non commercial touch screen from HP both work differently.

Can you take a screen grab of the actual software running so can see what your placement is, as you say it is different too mine.

A lot of trouble shooting options here some might not work, and some you might have tried before, but maybe one thing you haven't tried.

Regards

Mark

pomc

I took this video last night:

https://goo.gl/photos/LbB9o9eivVtDrCso7

The monitor is a Dell touchscreen and like I said, works perfectly on v8 and all the touch games.

Running Windows 7
It's an Nvidia card and this monitor is using HDMI out and drivers are up to date. Native res is 1920x1080, and I can use the Nvidia app to force various resolutions, but same problem no matter what res.

Mark Norville

Fooking hell when can I move in? I was going to laugh at you for having a dell monitor, but fook me will you adopt me?

You are right my video certainly looks different to yours. The skin doesn't even look the same really. I am only using one screen, but you are using 3 screens? Sorry I was too busy looking at the pinball machines and the rest of the room.

I would say to unhook the extra monitors and only have one, download the version from skins v9 but then when I installed 9.17 from the download it works and looks nothing like yours.

I think that it might possibly have a BUG and Barry hates me when I say BUG but the skin shouldn't look like that, but I think it might be possibly using 3 monitors.

I just had a thought, you might not have to unplug your other monitors. infact on your desktop right click and go to screen resolution, click on duplicate displays, apply and see if that works. I just tried on my TV and it works but I was using a mouse, but the skin seemed to change when I started using a dual monitor.

DaDuber

I don't know if this helps but when I have that skin loaded on mine it shows more arrows to the left and their the ones I used to scroll up and down.

Barcrest

This sounds like a skin issue, maybe something is loading over the buttons or not positioning correctly. Could you rename your error log and then launch e-touch and go into a couple of albums to test and then send me that log?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

pomc

Will do the error log tonight. I'll also enable every button since I do have many I do not use disabled. Possible that might be changing something in my config that it doesn't like.

I have disabled the 2nd monitor, but I will physically disconnect it to make sure it's not even in the picture (pardon the pun).

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Oh, I got the Dell monitor a few years ago very cheap on the Dell Outlet site. Works very well too..

I'm picking up three touchscreen kiosks this week from Craigslist and turning them into jukes, so will be buying 3 more licenses soon.   :)

Mark Norville

You wouldn't need to disconnect the monitor just have it so that the monitors are duplicated which just means that you have desktop on screen 1 and 2. The error log will probably help Barry as he knows best, but personally I would try checking on just one monitor.

It would be a step that I would take just to doubly make sure.

9.18 has just been released anyway but obviously try on your current version, just incase.

pomc

haven't had time to troubleshoot further because I'm waiting for 2 hard drives to copy on this PC and don't want to risk interrupting them since they take over a day each to copy.

But I installed 9.18 on another PC to test that has a 19" touch screen 1280xwhatever resolution and the skin appears fine.

So seems to be a resolution/screen stretching issue with v9 and my setup. Will report back once I've had a chance to check it out further.