Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Request Feature

Started by Gaucho, November 16, 2015, 10:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

Not sure if I have already dragged this up in the past and forgotten.

The request feature seems to have stopped working, but I am not sure when. I went into options and hit the test button in online options and receive an email, go back into album view/search and request and artist/album and don't receive an email. Go back into options just to double check and test works fine.

I would not have thought this is skin related, but just to make sure I will change skins later and double check.

Gaucho

Nope, not the skin so must be the app. Tried in both elements and genie. Test works in both but request does not.

Barcrest

Do you have the option set to email the requests? I'll take a look for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Haven't changed anything to do with requests as far back as I can remember. Is there an option to turn off email requests somewhere?

Mark Norville

Only options for that is online settings in the etouch admin
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Looked there but can't see where it say to enable/disable email requests.

Mark Norville

I just had a look it has a gmail.com box where you can put your email address and password, but then I get a SMTP error which means that you need a email service such as outlook express I think to be able to mail out the requests I THINK but don't know 100% as it is not a feature that I use myself.

You do have a folder in the eTouch directory called Online Providers, this might have something to do with it, you might have to put smtp details or something into the text file to get that feature to work.

I will have a play around for a while as nothing better to do but obviously Barry will be the better person to answer this, but you know what these part time workers are like ;)

When I am trying to send a test using gmail.com I am having warnings that

Hi Mark,
Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account marknorville (HIDDEN) mail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:28 PM (Greenwich Mean Time)
Somerset, UK*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Mark, the email request use to work fine, I have a gmail account set up specifically for this and it has been working for a few years. It stopped working a maybe 3 months ago although the requests still appear in the requests folder.

Online providers is for searching and streaming to the juke direct from online sources, unfortunately there aren't many, if any, free ones around at the moment that will work with etouch. I would like this feature to work and don't mind taking out a sub, but it's tracking down one that can be integrated with etouch.

Mark Norville

Looks like a hard coding issue then either that or gmail stopping the emails reaching your account which is pretty much what I had. The request would have to be made more secure for it to reach gmail. I tried using a Hotmail account but the email would not send I got the same server error

give this a try

1.Logging into the address you want to use for sending email from eTouch.
2.Visit the page https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
3.Click turn on let secure apps contact
4.Auto updates your preference

Mark Norville

I have got it working and receiving emails

Mark Norville

Follow these steps and here is my settings

1.Logging into the address you want to use for sending email from eTouch
2.Visit the page https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
3.Click turn on let secure apps contact
4.Auto updates your preference

Now here are my settings for you to copy obviously ensure that you are entering the correct email account and password otherwise you end up with SMTP errors.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

Well I'll be blowed (not sexually). Ticked enable on line play options and it works. I turned this off some time ago to stop the juke searching for online providers, didn't realise it effected the request feature. :beer

Mark Norville

See I'm not that useless after all ;)