Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Unticked something I shouldn't have....

Started by ballen, November 19, 2015, 01:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballen

Just to recap:

At Key Shortcuts:
-Unticked Disable Keymapping and Disable Key Highlighing. Added "e" for escape as a keyboard shortcut but it didn't work.
-And of course now ESC doesn't work.
-I had previously turned off "More Options" in settings so it no longer shows in skins.
-Deleted Keyboard.DAT,  Replaced skin.  Still no.

Apparently the Admin info is stored somewhere else.

Barcrest

The settings are stored in the registry, do a search for E-touch and you will find the settings there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

Tried registry search and this is all that came up...

Mark Norville

I had a look at reg edit and I couldn't find anything for etouch so I just used touch, but the results wouldn't let me open anything. It might just be easier to reinstall instead of messing around, at least you are learning from your mistakes which is a good thing and it doesn't take that long to get back up and running with a library.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Re-installing will not help you will need to remove the registry settings.

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

Mark Norville

Just go to reg edit click on find and type in touch now look for everything that says etouch and delete that file. Keep clicking on find next which I think is F3
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3120697450-1144530165-1888049121-1000\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\E-Touch 8

Just search on "E-Touch 8" and you will find the key, delete it and you will go back to the defaults or turn on the options button using it's key.

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

Turned "More Options" back on in the registry location you listed.  :)

Thank you!

You should add an option in the installation that reads:
Would like to do a fresh install?  (This would remove ALL settings)

Barcrest

Quote from: ballen on November 19, 2015, 05:37:29 PM
Turned "More Options" back on in the registry location you listed.  :)

Thank you!

You should add an option in the installation that reads:
Would like to do a fresh install?  (This would remove ALL settings)

I could add a switch so if you start it /i it loads the defaults rather than from the registry.

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

For most people, anything would be better than having to go into the registry.  Not me, I live dangerously  :P

Mark Norville

Just to say on this, I am not sure how hard this would be but to have the esc key as a hard coded key to get to the menu system even if someone locks themselves such as Ballen did, just as a safe guard. You never know there might be another idiot out there that this happens too lol

See I knew that some idiot would do something stupid like this again, sadly had to me :(

Mark Norville

Quote from: Mark Norville on November 25, 2015, 07:18:33 PM
Just to say on this, I am not sure how hard this would be but to have the esc key as a hard coded key to get to the menu system even if someone locks themselves such as Ballen did, just as a safe guard. You never know there might be another idiot out there that this happens too lol

See I knew that some idiot would do something stupid like this again, sadly had to me :(

Sorted god am I a genius, anyway if you do not know how to do this

1) Click on start menu (windows)
2) in the search box type CMD and press enter
3) Navigate to your etouch directory
4) Type in etouch9.exe /I

This will now restore your options.