Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Key Shortcuts

Started by ballen, November 19, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballen

Now for more questions in Key Shortcuts:

I'm trying to set it up to use buttons instead of a touchscreen.

I want to use a key (u) to move in one direction (up) and (d) to go in the other direction (down) and (s) to select an album.
I have set them up that way in Browse/Select Albums (unticked disable key-mapping and saved) but it's not working.

Ideas?

Risim

Do the buttons work?  I know it dumb but start with that see if they write on txt.doc. you should see the letter coresponding to each button you press it

ballen

Yep, they work.   a u d s

Mark Norville

It is working my end I just tried U and D if you uncheck key highlighting then you can see if it is moving. The results that I had though was very mixed and slow and cumbersome to say the least.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ballen

Still not working and also the volume shortcuts not working.
Turned on highlighting.  Hugh, nastly white rectangle.

Mark Norville

Yeah it is ugly but at least you can see it moving when it is working, I tested on slxx skin and it worked for me, at first it didn't but after a while it kicked in, it is handy to have that turned on so you can see if it moves up and down then can turn it off. As for your problem though not sure as for why, what version are you on?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ballen

Version SSTuP9018-sMALLfIx & SxxLxxS_PNG_V9.0.15 (1024x768) skin.

GOT IT!!!! I was using lower case and I switched to upper case.

ballen

How can I make the white rectangle "Key Highlighting" a different color & shape?

Mark Norville

God you don't want much for your $35 donation do you? lol

You have got a key_highlight configuration setting but I haven't got a clue mine is

You could try changing those numbers, make a back up of the file first though

ballen

Quote from: Mark Norville on November 20, 2015, 12:27:34 AM
God you don't want much for your $35 donation do you? lol
You have got a key_highlight configuration setting but I haven't got a clue mine is
You could try changing those numbers, make a back up of the file first though
The program is loaded with all kinds of capabilities, but not much in instructions for the things I'm trying to do.

I was hoping it was a graphic, but I'll see what I can with these numbers. 

Thanks for the help :)

Mark Norville

Trust me I wouldn't thank me as 9/10 I talk a lot of shit lol I haven't bothered with changing those numbers because that was the first time that I messed around with those settings, so usually unless it is something that I need then I don't mess around with things.

ballen

After a whole lot of playing with the numbers, I have found the last digit changes the color.  Still have no idea what the rest of the numbers do.
Maybe Barry will chime in in a few hours.

With the bright white you couldn't read what was underneath.
I now have it a nice light gray and the words show through nicely.  :)

Mark Norville

I think the rest are for size, placement and other crap like that, I don't understand it myself, Barry will say you can do things changing the ini files, I look at them and swearing at my monitor pretending that Barry can hear me telling him to fook off. I think only him and one other person can work out what the numbers actually mean. I can understand Egyptian hyrogylipcs better than that.

Barcrest

You can set that colour in the skintool, click on the coloured box and pick a colour. I think it's labelled key highlight colour.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

Quote from: Barcrest on November 20, 2015, 09:35:48 AM
You can set that colour in the skintool, click on the coloured box and pick a colour. I think it's labelled key highlight colour.
I've been playing a lot with the skin tool, but somehow I missed that.  :o
Thanks!