News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

How does Freebx determine an album to be "Various Artists"??

Started by fat-johnny, December 28, 2007, 07:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat-johnny

I have a few albums that should be "Various Artists", but they are showing up as a specific artist (one is Hilary Duff, one is Elvis Presley).

The common theme I see is that in these albums, the first two songs are by that artist.  Example, I have a soundtrack that goes:
01 - Title1 - Hilary Duff
02 - Title2 - Hilary Duff
03 - Title3 - Smashing Pumpkins
04 - Title4 - Green Day
etc..

Freebox is seeing this as a album by Hilary Duff, because the first two tracks are both tagged with artist of Hilary Duff.

I have another album that is doing the same, first two songs are both Elvis Presley, but after that, it's all random artists and stuff......and the album is under Elvis Presley.

So is that how Freebox recoginizes (or fails to recognize) these "Various Artists" albums??  Is there a way around this??  Can it look at the "Band/Orchestra" tag instead??

Lemme know,
FJ

eist1

Try checking the "Use Album Name on Compilations" checkbox when running the config program to build your database, that might work for you.

Woody

Fat Johnny,

The Freebox program uses an artificial intelligence algorithm and my not recognize Hillary Duff or Hanna Montana as an artist. This is probably your problem.

You could change the album tag on those files that you want to be listed in various to various.

Woody

kremmit

Quote from: Woody on December 29, 2007, 12:17:27 AM
The Freebox program uses an artificial intelligence algorithm and my not recognize Hillary Duff or Hanna Montana as an artist.

:D

eist1

Yes, I think Barry has also added this algorithm for Country Genre albums.... :)

jacktucky

Heh.  I guess Barry just looks at the first two artists to determine various. 

Put a period after the artist name in the 2nd album.

=J

Barcrest

It should look at all the names in the same album and if it spots a difference then it will make it various artists. Are you sure the album name tags in all the tracks in there? If they don't it will think it is looking at a new album.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...