Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

will etouch work on this tablet?

Started by xxxdamoxxx, March 22, 2016, 02:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxxdamoxxx

Hi, love the demo of etouch jukebox
im thinking of buying the full version but want to know if it will work on this asus tablet

ASUS Vivo Tab ME400CL Z2760 10.1" IPS Touch 64GB 4G LTE WIFI Windows 8 Tablet
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161967968282?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks
Damo

and also i think there is a problem with the forum sending activation emails,
its taken 4 requests and 3 days to get 1 activation emai for this forum

Mark Norville

Hi Damo,

I think that a couple of people run eTouch on tablets, but I do not want to say 100% yes. The specs are good enough to run the software. I take it that you would be using the tablet as a controller and then outputting possibly onto a connected monitor if that is possible, but using storage drives for media.

Barry will be better to advise you more, but I think you are safe.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

xxxdamoxxx

i was just going to put my mp3s on the tablet and run it on bluetooth speakers for my home

Mark Norville

A bit ouch then unless you can use a micro sd card 64 gigs hard drive space will soon be swallowed up by operating system, any apps that you download, pictures etc etc. I have 21.5 gig just in my tagging folder and that is not a lot of albums.

The other problem that you have is the size of the screen 1366 x 768 which unless someone has a tablet skins are obviously created for PCs and bigger monitors.

It would really be a case of buyer beware but when more people come on then they might be able to add more.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

The default skin would work it would just be slightly stretched the only issue will be as mark said storage, you will not fit many albums on there. However you could use a NAS and store the music on that and just map the drive on the tablet. I know that western digital off a fairly cheap 1tb nas.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

xxxdamoxxx

thanks for the feedback
could i just use a 500gb external usb hard drive?

Mark Norville

I will DISAGREE with Barry here and say if you can build a cheap PC instead and have a wireless network card. I keep hearing about NAS but I cannot see why it is so expensive. I can build a PC with 4 hard drives 1 SSD and 3 x 3 TB for under £500 I could build it cheaper but I went for a rough pricing and I went for a mobo and chip that I do not really need.

I just seen this though Barry http://www.dabs.com/products/d-link-sharecenter-2-bay-cloud-network-storage-enclosure-dns-320l-873L.html?q=nas&src=16 it does look quite interesting and something I may look at.

Just seen this one, 2 x 3 tb drives installed and only £226 not bad http://www.dabs.com/products/buffalo-linkstation-420-6tb--2-x-3tb--high-speed-nas-server-ls420d0602-eu-8TLY.html

** Further rambling **

I have been doing a bit more thinking regarding servers and NAS boxes. In my travels I found this http://www.freenas.org/ which is the software that you can use to set up your own NAS set up from a very basic PC. I always had in my mind about building a PC and then having Windows 7 etc etc on, however you do not need all of this. You can buy the cheapest CPU and mobo available and create a NAS box, the most expensive things are the power supply and hard drives.

A quick check for mobo and processor around £60, case £25, memory £15, power supply £18.26, hard drive 2tb £55 total price = £173.26 add 3 more 2tb drives = £338

Mark Norville

Quote from: xxxdamoxxx on March 22, 2016, 11:15:42 AM
thanks for the feedback

Yes you can which would hold a lot of audio and video but always FUTURE PROOF it can save you time and money in the long run. I have 1.8 tb for my music and another 1.8 tb for my music videos, however you always want more and more lol

Barcrest

thanks for the feedback

The only problem with this is it will be tethered to the tablet with a usb cable. If you are putting the tablet in some sort of cabinet that won't matter.

Jukebox Stats...

xxxdamoxxx

Quote from: Barcrest on March 23, 2016, 12:40:02 PM
thanks for the feedback

The only problem with this is it will be tethered to the tablet with a usb cable. If you are putting the tablet in some sort of cabinet that won't matter.

yeah im doing a wall mount mini cabinet

i pray i will be able view it properly :(

Mark Norville

So just to get this 100% straight, correct me if I am wrong.

1) You are planning on buying a tablet
2) You are planning on building a cabinet

1) + 2) You are planning on putting the tablet for the display screen inside of the cabinet

It would work but look for a cheap touch screen monitor and a cheap computer rather than a tablet if you are going to put it in to a cabinet. I think you are from Australia so I appreciate that your prices over there and the selection of hard ware is not that plentiful. Also look for any cabinets but then transit might be a problem.

These people are in Aus, I cannot say how good they are or the product is but it might be worth a look http://www.commercialtouchscreen.com.au/ or http://www.himalayastouchscreen.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

Convert a monitor into a touch screen monitor and build a better cab for the same price.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Quote from: xxxdamoxxx on March 24, 2016, 06:14:08 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on March 23, 2016, 12:40:02 PM
thanks for the feedback

yeah im doing a wall mount mini cabinet

i pray i will be able view it properly :(

Depends on how you are mounting it but it shouldn't be an issue.

Jukebox Stats...

xxxdamoxxx

if it looks and reads good on the tablet i will be happy,
if been putting alot of thought into the mini cabinet , i wil post a vid or pic after ive made it
cheers for all your feedback

Mark Norville

Quote from: xxxdamoxxx on March 24, 2016, 01:39:24 PM
if it looks and reads good on the tablet i will be happy,
if been putting alot of thought into the mini cabinet , i wil post a vid or pic after ive made it
cheers for all your feedback

Just do not make it too small ;)