Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

"feature" I don't like in 3.024

Started by pigseye, January 03, 2008, 06:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigseye

Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since I've been on and I have really enjoyed using Freebox.  Lately been having some stability issues with 2.20 so I decided to upgrade to 3.024.  But there is one annoying "feature" in 3.024 that I don't like.

In 2.20 when you select a track, the play now and play next button are available on the track selection screen.

In 3.024 when you select a track, it jumps to a new screen to ask what you want to do.  When you make your selection it brings you back to the album selection screen versus the track selection screen for the album you have selected.  i.e. now to select another song from the same album you have to reselect the same album to see the tracks.  If you want to add 3 or 4 songs this is a real pain.

Is there a stability reason for this change?

Can this be disabled in options?  If not, am I better off going back to 2.20?

Thanks,
Pigseye

kremmit

In the "Options" menu, on the "General Settings" page, try un-checking "Auto-Back on Selection" and see if that gets you the behavior you're looking for.

Barcrest

Like kermit says if you uncheck that option you will then be taken back to the track listing.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

pigseye

Hi Guys,
I appreciate your quick feedback.  Unchecking "auto back on selection" resolves only part of the annoyance.  Now it at least goes back to the album you were looking at to select additional tracks.

But why on the track selection screen can you add the entire album to the queue or carousel but not individual tracks?  If you select a track it jumps to another screen to either play now, play next, or add to queue.  In version 2.20, these options appear on the track selection screen.

Does this only occur in the 50's diner skin?
Can I use the skin tool to create a new skin that operates like 2.20? 

Here's the bummer for me, my wife, kids, and friends, got used to the 2.20 version with the 50s diner skin.   Changing how it operates now just won't go over that well.  You guys with wives know what I mean.  ;-)

Thanks,
Steve

Barcrest

Dude the change isn't exactly a show stopper. Another screen comes up but it obvious what buttons to press and then it returns to the track listing. It is too much work to add support for the old V2 method back in. The reason that method was taken out were due to the limitations of using that method and also the way the screens were so cluttered with the buttons.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

pigseye

Hi Barry,
I figured there was a good reason for the change.  But I'm old so change is hard for me to take.  ;-)

Don't get me wrong, your jukebox SW is absolutely the best Sw available yesterday, today and I'm sure tomorrow.  I did a ton of research and testing before determining yours was the best.

Thanks so much for all your hardwork. 

I'd like to make another donation.  Should I just send you a paypal? 

Thanks,
Steve