Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Database has tripled my albums!

Started by Djcondy, April 14, 2016, 10:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djcondy

Been setting up my jukebox, I installed the software ran the software built a database, added all my albums in fine had to edit a few missing album names, started the jukebox everything fine but there was a few duplicates went back into the config (advanced mode) deleted the duplicates went back into the jukebox to find everything duplicated, went back into config again and has now showing 3 or 4 of the same album! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong! Please help!

Mark Norville

Firstly are you running as admin? Is your eTouch outside of c:\program files

Have you removed missing files ticked in config 9 admin

Every time that you press generate library it does it as near a fresh install, which is why I never use it. Always click on update library.

The flat file database is not the best sometimes, it does take a few tries to get it right, especially if it does have duplicates, it might be easier to delete the video and record files and then starting again using the generate database button, and then when you add new stuff, just use the update library.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

If you have duplicates it is more than likely you have duplicates in your library. I would go about removing the duplicates from your library then using the generate option again. After you deleted the duplicates did you do anything else as I will try and fix the bug for you but I still recommend deleting the actual duplicate media. It also will free up some disc space.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Also ensure you have the clear libraries boxes ticked.

Does update work O.K. for you Mark, I thought Barry said it was broken?

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on April 15, 2016, 01:47:51 PM
Also ensure you have the clear libraries boxes ticked.

Does update work O.K. for you Mark, I thought Barry said it was broken?

I don't recommend it, I just use generate every time. I was actually thinking of removing the up-date button altogether.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Update is fine and dandy my end, it is all what I use to be honest, I have tried generate library a couple of times, but it wants to go through every single album again
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

To be fair, for speed, I would rather just use update. It's a pain when I add two albums and config goes through about 300.

Djcondy

Hi folks, have been busy in the garden last few days and not had a minute to myself, firstly have checked i'm running as admin, pc was fresh install of windows 7.
Have checked the file location of E-Touch (C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 9)
Tried the remove missing files, took a while to do but no change.
Have checked my E:\Music\, have no duplicate albums and everything is in Artist name folders e.g Music\10cc\The Very Best of, etc, compliations are all in Music\Various Artists\2 Fast 2 Furious Soundtrack etc All 1972 albums and 47405 songs are all tagged. 
When I go back into the config it's showing up 11640 loaded albums, when i click on Path it's showing 3 of the same file name, (attached photo), as you can see the artist and album is missing on the first 3, on the very first time I edited the 20 or so missing data and everything was fine. 
Opened jukebox and albums were there. The next time I opened the E-Touch Jukebox there was a few random dupilcates had appeared, so tried to remove them and update the library and this is when it started to go all wrong.
I haven't done anything else with it apart from try the remove Missing files and check for duplicates in the file locations.

I wouldn't mind just clearing the database completly and generate a new one if this is possible.

Many thanks Steve

Mark Norville

Pain in the arse having a wireless keyboard and then having to come on to my computer.

click on the three boxes where it says generate artists and then check the clear buttons as well.

Then generate database again and see what happens.

Djcondy

Cheers for the quick reply, have done those and is running through the albums now, i'll leave it a while and message back with the results.

Another quick question regarding the options, when in the jukebox you can select which buttons are shown, Hothits, ,charts etc is there anyway on spreading the buttons that are used across a bit rather than showing blank buttons?

Thanks

Mark Norville

You need to load eTouch, press esc to get to the admin screen, and then go to button settings.

Are you back yet? I could do with sleep sometime tonight?

I hate it when I am here alone talking to myself.

Mind you saying that I get more sense talking to myself nowadays.

fatfoot123

Hi all
I think what djcondy means is when you remove a button the slot still exists as a blank icon and would like it tidy to look as if the button never existed I.e if you only have 1 button selected all the other spaces show as coloured disc areas ?
Cheers Fatfoot

Mark Norville

Quote from: fatfoot123 on April 19, 2016, 11:13:58 PM
Hi all
I think what djcondy means is when you remove a button the slot still exists as a blank icon and would like it tidy to look as if the button never existed I.e if you only have 1 button selected all the other spaces show as coloured disc areas ?
Cheers Fatfoot

BUG BUG BUG

If you still have a graphic there, it is because it is a hard coded graphic with text, or if it is not hard coded then the graphic is not disappearing which is basically down to a slack brummie git called Barry ;)

Gaucho

As you said Mark and I said earlier the clear check boxes need to be ticked.

As for the button issue, you do end up with blank spaces. I just used the skin tool to reposition the buttons I wanted shown.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on April 20, 2016, 01:04:53 AM
As you said Mark and I said earlier the clear check boxes need to be ticked.

As for the button issue, you do end up with blank spaces. I just used the skin tool to reposition the buttons I wanted shown.

This is how you do it, all disabling the button does is hide it. If the skin is setup for that button then it may look odd and involve a small amount of tweaking the skin.

Jukebox Stats...