Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Problem - Can't Right Click to Change Button Graphics

Started by berrywell, August 13, 2016, 09:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I have just seemed to have hit a mega problem and I've no idea what I've done or how to rectify it.

On the new skin I'm making, for no reason that I can think of, the skin tool has just stopped allowing me to change the button & other graphics by right clicking on them. This isn't a skin tool error as when I load up the other skins, I can still change them by right clicking - so it's definitely my new skin.

I cannot fathom out what on earth I've done to make it do this. Everything was working fine last night but this morning I've come back to do work more on my new skin and nothing, the skin tool just freezes when I right click. As I already said, the right click still works fine on the other bundled skins.

Has anyone any idea as to what I may have done to create this problem? I really don't want to have to go back to the beginning and start again.

berrywell

Well a small update, I've made a tiny bit of progress, it would appear to be the main.ini that is causing this problem on my new skin. When I remove that, I can then right click again but obviously I lose most of the placement settings.

I will try digging around further to see if I have to start from scratch or whether I can find the offending co-ordinates/entry within that file.

Anyway, if anyone else has any constructive ideas to try, I would be very grateful.

Regards

Tel.

berrywell

SOLVED  :D :D :D :D

Hey all,

I've managed to resolve this issue now.

Solution
Just in case anyone else has this problem in the future, how I resolved it was by:-
Load the skin into the skin tool as normal, I then went to the skin folder and deleted the main.ini file. I then saved the skin in the skin tool, closed the skin tool and then reloaded everything and, thank goodness, all was working fine again.

I've no idea what I did wrong as I wasn't even messing with the main.ini file but all is well.
It's Saturday evening now, so it's time for some  :beer :beer

Mark Norville

You seem to be having a few bugs, it is not happening my end, I was given an early version of 10 to try out and not had any major problems with that. I am not on the beta versions so I cannot say how they work. I have 10.0 and 9.025 on the skin tool. I just tried changing graphics and no problems my end.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

To be fair, I think this problem may have been caused by me rather than a bug with the skin tool.

At least I managed to sort it out and not lose all the work I've done so far, which was a massive relief.

Barcrest

Glad you go that all working again, it is best to back up your skin as you go so you don't loose too much if it goes wrong.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...