Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config 10 Library settings

Started by Nforce2, August 31, 2016, 12:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nforce2

Don't suppose that someone can upload a screenshot of the options that they have ticked when generating an Audio library using Config 10?
I'm having an issue with some of my albums not displaying in the correct order. I'm using MP3Tag to tag the albums.

Cheers. :)

Mark Norville

Snap I am not sure if you can upload a screen shot of the problems that you are having so that we can see and help more lol

Has Barry renamed the file to Config 10 now has he rather than Config 9? I only have an early version and was Config 9 still.

It might be a bug somewhere in the program rather than your config settings, so a screenie (trademarked) well you have heard of selfies so screenie is a new term I have come up with.

Regards

Mark

Just grabbed my config 9 settings and done a SCREENIE (Trademarked) for you, hopefully this helps but as I say it might be a bug in the main program.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

If albums are out of order then it might be there is a leading non alpha character in the artist name.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Nforce2

Thanks guys. :)

Will try your settings first ,Mark, and see how I get on. No leading non alpha characters to my knowledge. For example I have the complete "Now thats what I call music" catalogue on the jukebox, but for some reason #94 doesn't show up in sequence despite being formatted exactly the same in MP3tag.

Mark Norville

I'll boot up the cab tomorrow and have a look to see if it happens my end I am not sure how many now albums I have in at the moment however make sure you have no extra spaces in the title.

I use mp3tag as well but have noticed that sometimes it is ok on something else but not etouch.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Nforce2

Just had a quick try with Mark's settings. With USE ALBUM ARTIST tag enabled it pulls the composers tag in MP3Tag

Mark Norville

Yeah that was a new feature that Barry was working on a while back in relation to FLAC or something like that, to try and get that to work so he was taking the artist name and putting that as composer. It never used to happen before then.

Nforce2

Hope it can be restored at some point. Most of my music files don't have the composer tag filled out.

Mark Norville

It doesn't need to. It is reading from the artist tag and then transferring into the composer tag. In fact it is not even doing that as if I update say for example Now 94 the composer will say various artists, so it is reading from the album artist tag. As I have artist tag set as the original artist e.g Pet Shop Boys and then album artist is Various Artists. When I update then I see it saying Various Artists in composer.

Another thing that I have noticed is that I have comment set for blank in MP3tag, however there are times when I see an update saying comment 0002020202020 or something stupid like that.

The composer how ever does not show up in eTouch so it is not a major problem, neither does the comments, so have no fears.

Nforce2

Hi Mark,
The issue that I'm having is that Config 10 isn't using the tag data from Artist or Album Artist, but instead is possibly pulling from the composer tag. Have a look at the screenie below...
You would think that the album would appear under D for DJ, except it doesn't. In order to find it I select the A button and swipe backwards and it'll show up here! I'm guessing it's because of the forward slash? I've noticed that some other problem albums are showing up via the same method and have non alpha numeric characters in the composer tag field.

Mark Norville

You really want to have mp3tag have composer as blank unless you want composer for kodi. I am on tablet now but you dont need characters such as / etc as it buggers up etouch

Nforce2

Yeah,I don't use the composer tag at all....it was already written in that field when I "acquired  ;)" the album. Don't fancy going through thousands of files to remove the composer data if it can be avoided.

Mark Norville

That is easy to clear when I get on the computer tomorrow will give you the settings. I am installing an ssd this weekend so will be reinstalling everything from fresh.

Mark Norville

I just had a look at MP3 tag, I am on the same version as you but for some reason I do not have composer in my left hand frame as you do. I will probably start messing around with my SSD drive today and install that so as soon as I get to MP3 tag then I shall try and work out what I done to remove composer. I know that I customise the columns and then do things in my options, but I just cannot see composer.

Nforce2

Imported all my music files into Mp3tag and set composer as blank. Will run Config 10 again and report back.