Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album release year

Started by mastamind82, September 08, 2016, 01:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastamind82

I am having trouble with getting the album release year to show up in etouch. I have tried multiple tag editors and the year shows up in those just fine, yet when I go to build the database in etouch there is no release year shown. Has anyone run across this or am I just doing something wrong here?

Mark Norville

Firstly make sure that you have installed eTouch in a directory that is not c:\program files this is protected and is bad for the program, you need to install into. Install as administrator

c:\eTouch or something similar

Secondly run everything as administrator, config 9, main program etc

Thirdly try another skin to see if that shows the year

Hopefully this might help, if not just shout out.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

mastamind82

I will give that all a try when I get home tonight, thanks for the quick reply. I will keep you updated.

Barcrest

It shows the year from the track year tag and not the album year tag (If that is even a thing) so that might be where you are getting confused. As mark say right click each exe and select properties and under compatibility set them to run as administrator. This is because they read and write files from the installed directory and things go screwy when it can't do that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...