News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Black and Blue(BnB) V10 (1024x768) [By Eist/Squirrley/Coffee] NowUpdated for V10

Started by berrywell, October 08, 2016, 09:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi all,

Thanks to the kindness of Coffee's help, his old "Black and Blue (BnB)" classic skin (1024x768 resolution) has been updated.

It is now fully compatible with E-Touch V10.

As the original was only available from the Private Skins section, then this too will only be available from the private skins section, and thus, can be downloaded from there right now.

Screenshot of the front album page below.

Mark Norville

Kind of nice to see this back, however this might be better as the default skin for eTouch. It is more functional out of the box than touch genie, and looks less cluttered. eTouch needs one killer skin to advertise the software more, to get more sales.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

Sooloos is still the default skin for me. I hate the slider. Buttons are way better but like you said I love seeing you/updated skins!

Brad

Mark Norville

You could easily add buttons to this and remove the slider. It would take two mins with the skin tool.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 09, 2016, 10:21:43 PM
You could easily add buttons to this and remove the slider. It would take two mins with the skin tool.

I have a hate hate relationship with the Skin Tool

Brad

berrywell

I will admit that I prefer the alphabet button navigation as well, rather than the slider but the plan was to keep the skin as true as possible to Coffee's original design.

I wasn't around in the pre-V9 era of E-Touch (I joined the party late :( ) so I don't know whether there was button navigation version of this skin as well.

Mark Norville

You can use artistic license, of course it would be nice if you got Coffee's permission to make alterations to the skin, but you could strip out the slider and then put buttons down the right hand side.

I personally would strip out the logo, and many other parts in that, such as having the license button etc on there, as really that is not needed in my view.

Another biggy for me, is getting rid of the volume controls, I have never liked those due to the fact that at a party people can turn up and down the volume.

However as you have reminded me before, there is the option to turn these off in the admin screen, which I always forget, but when I skin I rip these features to one side, so that they cannot be seen anyway.

I do this as it gives more room for skinning the better features, and if you have an inch of screen that is another album you could get in.

Just my views anyway, I always loved this skin and it was the reason why I brought eTouch for in the first place, so this will always have a place in my heart.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

The original creators of that skin were Eist and Squirrley and Coffee updated it IIRC.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I did say Eist, the other day but then Berry mentioned Coffee so got me confused.

Shame on you Tel.

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on October 10, 2016, 11:04:34 AM
The original creators of that skin were Eist and Squirrley and Coffee updated it IIRC.
Quote from: Mark Norville on October 10, 2016, 11:08:37 AM
I did say Eist, the other day but then Berry mentioned Coffee so got me confused.

Shame on you Tel.

Oops. It's just that in the Private Skins section, the skins were posted and hosting by Coffee and he supplied with the original buttons as well.

Very sorry  :-[ I've made the cardinal sin of assuming rather than actually knowing.

My sincere apologies to Eist & Squirrley

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

berrywell

Barcrest

I don't think Eist and Squirrely come on here any more. They made the first BnB and then Coffee pimped it up with some new graphics and maintained it across a couple of versions as it was the default skin.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

glad to see this is still being updated, it has always been my favorite skin.  I leaned so much about photoshop making this.  Feel free to keep using it and make sure you thank Coffee for updating it.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on September 26, 2017, 04:40:49 AM
glad to see this is still being updated, it has always been my favorite skin.  I leaned so much about photoshop making this.  Feel free to keep using it and make sure you thank Coffee for updating it.

WOW You are still around.

Jukebox Stats...