Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

1920X1080 Scale up

Started by DaDuber, November 03, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

Thanks kevinlpowercom for the 1920 version but I am gonna make my original ones into 1920. a few things that I need to change on yours, it works but not exactly the same as my smaller version.

grimwasere

well as I liked v6 I upgraded to v10  I had my old elo 15 inch monitor for years running juke box I love e touch so I upgraded pc and bought a nice 23 inch dell 10 point led touchscreen to show off etouch I am not having a dig here but the norm for a long time now is 1920x1080  it seems that some people say down grade resolution, down grade covers, when all I want is a sharp crisp looking jukebox ?
I don't buy a new game and play it on the lowest settings.  for my covers to look nice it seems that 600x600 look ok but everything is running slow next buy new gfx card, I seem to have a lot more problems with v10 than I did with v 6 cant get it to stay full screen now

Barcrest

The larger the covers the more disc access takes place to load them so it will be slower. The speed of the album paging is dictated by the size of those cover images. It is always quicker to have named images rather than using first cover found as well. First cover found will take more time to look for and load the file.

NOTE:
Did you know if you have a back.jpg in the album folder clicking the cover in tracklisting changes it to the back.jpg and clicking it again will show the front cover again.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

grimwasere

yes thanks barry  I have back covers set up was hoping my machine was beefy enough to handle higher res covers have changed skin now and it seems a bit quicker.

I have quad core 3.2 g cpu and 8 gig ram the only weekness is the gfx card  woul a new gfx card make much difference or is it down to the cpu and memory?

I also have all my covers named rather than first cover found.

ecbrad

A graphics card won't make a difference to you.

The bottleneck on those specs will be the size of your collection and the speed of your interface to the HDD.

What size is the drive?
What RPM does it have?
How big is your collection?
Is E-Touch and your music on the same drive?

As Barry has also stated cover size is key.

I have a substantial collection and am running E-Touch without issue on an old Core 2 Duo machine with 2GB ram and on-board video. The HDD is a 1 TB platter drive @7200RPM.

Brad

Barcrest

All my music is on a USB drive and I still don't have an issue, it really is down to the size of the covers more than anything else. If you resize them in irfanview you might get them looking better than resizing them in the config.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...