Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

1920X1080 Scale up

Started by DaDuber, November 03, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

I made a few skins 16x9 and I recently had to replace the motherboard in my jukebox. I cannot select 16x9 but I can select 1920x1080 which is still the same ratio. The only problem I have is the skin doesn't go all the way to the ends of the screen. Is there a way without resizing each skin to make it stretch to 1920x1080?

Mark Norville

Can't you just adjust the resolution in settings or are you using the computer for other things as well?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

QuoteCan't you just adjust the resolution in settings or are you using the computer for other things as well?

when I choose 16X9 it doesn't fill my monitor

kevinlpowercom

I will post the Blue Neon 1920X1080 in the very near future.  I rescaled it.

DaDuber

Thanks i started re scaling but if you already did it, it will save me some time.  :)

kevinlpowercom

Trying to upload the rar file but it wont let me because it's too big.  What am I doing wrong.

berrywell

Quote from: DaDuber on November 03, 2016, 06:03:21 PM

when I choose 16X9 it doesn't fill my monitor

Unfortunately, new monitors don't appear to fill the screen with a smaller resolution, they simply just 'fit' the resolution with borders around the outside. My old monitor just stretched the resolution to fill the screen but the new one simply just 'fits' with borders.

The only realistic options are to either set your monitors permanent resolution to your current skin size, which I believe is 1600x900 or just resize the skins to 1920x1080.
I know it's a hassle but the latter is probably the better long term option.

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on November 04, 2016, 03:46:22 AM
Trying to upload the rar file but it wont let me because it's too big.  What am I doing wrong.

I believe the maximum file size for upload on this forum is around 300KB (0.3MB), so you won't be allowed to upload it here.

Mark Norville

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on November 04, 2016, 03:46:22 AM

Where are you trying to upload to? You cannot upload it here that is for sure. You need to upload to either a Mega site, MSN cloud or something similar. The file should be approx 17 megs or there abouts.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Mail it to me and i'll upload it for you. Is there not a setting in your monitor to make it fill the screen or in your graphics card options?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

QuoteIs there not a setting in your monitor to make it fill the screen or in your graphics card options?

No setting in monitor. I will probably end up resizing all the skins eventually. I will upload them when I'm done so if anyone has the same problem as me

Mark Norville

I mean for the screen resolution. I am on the vertical at the moment, so I cannot do anything with that, but my monitor used to auto size with the skins, but at some point that stopped for some reason, I am not sure if that is program related or monitor, but it always used to resize.

I will go on the other pc a sec and have a look

Mark Norville

Have a look at your monitor menu as you should have an auto size function on it. I have an old Samsung 24 inch I think it is, and I just tried a smaller skin and that made the monitor resize itself.

The native resolution is 1920 x 1080 or whatever it is, but it down sized the screen.

DaDuber

QuoteHave a look at your monitor menu as you should have an auto size function on it

Ye my screen doesn't have it. on my computer I loaded everything up and changed the resolution and it works fine. Must be different with different video cards or monitors.

kevinlpowercom

Barry,
  Did you get my email with the skin?

Barcrest

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on November 05, 2016, 09:38:17 PM
Barry,
  Did you get my email with the skin?

Yes I will upload it now, sorry been busy.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...