Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Edit Tags enmass

Started by Gaucho, November 29, 2016, 03:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

Anyone any ideas on how to amend tags for genre enmass rather than individually. Don't want to change the original artist, track etc just got about 400 tracks where I want to add/amend the genre.

berrywell

You could use mp3tag software, that allows for multiple tagging of files, including the genre tag.

This is what I use to tag all my music and video files.

Barcrest

I use Tag And Rename for my MP3's
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Have a look at this http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6010.0 it is the best and fastest tagger that I have used.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Thanks guys. It's videos I'm tagging and they all have .tag files. Looks like I may have to delete all these first as nothing seems to just edit the .tag file.

berrywell

Quote from: Gaucho on November 29, 2016, 05:52:26 PM
Thanks guys. It's videos I'm tagging and they all have .tag files. Looks like I may have to delete all these first as nothing seems to just edit the .tag file.

Can these .tag files be opened by the program Notepad++

if so, you probably could alter the tags in bulk using that? You may be able to use the 'Find in Files' tab to find and change the genres quite quickly, it also has a folder directory search.

I know I used it quite a lot to alter the .ini files when changing names of the buttons when skinning.

Maybe worth a try.

Gaucho

Learn something new every day, never heard of notepad++ but looks like it may be perfect for the job as they definitely open in windows notepad.

berrywell

If they can be opened in Notepad then they will definitely open in Notepad++

It all comes down to whether you can use the 'find and replace with' easily or not.

Gaucho

Sorted, searched for and highlighted all the .tag files in explorer, moved (cut and paste) them out of their original artist folders (you can only open them if they're in the same folder). Right click, open all with notepad++. Find and replace in all files <Genre></Genre> and replace with <Genre>whatever genre</Genre>. Back to explorer and undo move.  :beer

berrywell

Ahh good, I'm pleased it helped in speeding up the process for you.  :)

wwwombat

Late to this party but my vote is for (and it's what I use):-

• Tag&Rename for mp3 files
  • UltraEdit for any sort of text files (including the .tag files)... can do global changes across all open files or all files matching a pattern (*.tag) in a directory tree/folder/subfolders