Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

help please

Started by dark1stu, November 30, 2016, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dark1stu

hi im in need of a  768x1024 Vertical Skin for etouch 10 or 8 or freebox 4 can anyone help thank stu

i quite like the simple look of etouch 4 ,

Mark Norville

At the moment there is two versions of that from Coffee, I just checked now and it is 768 x 1360

I am not sure if there is something of your skin resolution, however, I think Barry said he resized something to that spec earlier.

I take it you are using for a tablet?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

dark1stu

its for a nsm with a vertical touch screen that i can't rotate ,  with a 15" lcd in it , thanks stu

Mark Norville

Unless Barry has something, then pretty much getting a skin of this size unless you try to convert a similar size is going to be almost impossible.

Someone would have to skin for that resolution and at best of times it is better to actually skin on the computer that you are skinning for. I have tried skinning for 3 different resolutions, on this PC and I find that although it is almost correct, you still need to edit a tiny bit on the other computer.

I now skin on the PC that I want the skin for, and that way I know that the measurements and placements of graphics are going to be correct.

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

dark1stu

berrywell

Hi Stu,

I might be able to throw together a version of the original Black and Blue (BnB) skin for the screen resolution (768x1024) you're asking for, as I can just about fit that in on my monitor.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how quickly I can do this though, as I have my cousin's birthday celebrations this coming weekend and then my own the following weekend.

This would be for E-Touch V10 though, as I don't have earlier versions of the software and I feel it.

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

He might still have an issue regarding placement, though. Although you can adjust your monitor to downsize it is never perfect on the other screen. It might only be a few cms or something daft like that, but it does show. When I was skinning on a wide 1920 x 1080 for a 1020 x 1080 or something like that, it would work or almost, but it was enough to drive me crazy (which don't take much) I would have to keep tweaking on the bigger monitor just so that it looked perfect on the smaller monitor.

I was literally back and forth to the two all the time, still it is nice of you to give it a go for him, it might work at least then he has a basis to try and adjust if he needs to. At least you have Christmas spirit, I would be bah humbug trying to mess around with that.

berrywell

Hi Mark,

How do you mean issues regarding placement?
I haven't come across this issue as yet, all the skins I've made so far seem to display fine on the other computers and monitors I've tried.

Or are you referring to a vertical resolution issue as I've not made any of those so far?

Tel.

Mark Norville

I would notice a difference if I was skinning on my main PC to give an example

Graphic on main pc I would have set to 60 pixels, however when I transfer that across to a smaller monitor then it might need 58 pixels, otherwise it looked a bit odd, or it would cut something out.

Even though I had my monitor set to the same resolution as the same resolution of the monitor I was skinning for, but it would never look the same.

As I say though it was only a couple of pixels or something like that, so someone might not notice it as much, but I could notice it. I would have to change the size of the graphics all the time.

This is an example of what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PzW_u71mk&t=13s I was skinning on my larger monitor, I would transfer it onto the cabinet, the graphics would be a fraction off, so I would be switching to one and the other and then adjusting the graphics in skintool.

I was having a larger gap than I wanted on the smaller monitor, but on the larger monitor it looked perfect, so it was annoying.

You may or may not experience the same, but if someone else notices it is a different matter really.

Regards

Mark

dark1stu

the  Black and Blue (BnB) would do the job , if it could be made to work ,

or is there any way to make it just stretch when it maximises thanks

berrywell

Quote from: dark1stu on November 30, 2016, 02:59:45 PM
the  Black and Blue (BnB) would do the job , if it could be made to work ,

or is there any way to make it just stretch when it maximises thanks

I don't think it's possible to stretch the existing BnB skin to a vertical resolution when you maximise it in E-Touch, I believe you need to have a skin made to a vertical resolution.

I think I can make the BnB work in a vertical format but I don't have much time currently, so will try and get it done asap.

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on November 30, 2016, 02:50:03 PM

This is an example of what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PzW_u71mk&t=13s I was skinning on my larger monitor, I would transfer it onto the cabinet, the graphics would be a fraction off, so I would be switching to one and the other and then adjusting the graphics in skintool.

Hi Mark,

I still can't see what you mean in that video example, do you mean that all those buttons in that video were butting up to each other on your original skin tool PC?

Mark Norville

The video was a bad example really, as it did not show the difference, but you guessed it in the end.

Yes non butting, but we are not talking about wallpaper here. However on the larger screen it would be butted, and on the small monitor it would be no butted.

I can't believe two blokes talking about butts, before the watershed.

P.S mine is a female butt, I am not that way inclined ;)

ecbrad

I have a Version 6 skin which is Black and Blue V6.0(768x1024 Vertical if that's any good to you? All the other VERY few verticals I have are for other version and have different resolutions.

Brad

Barcrest

That screen is 4:3 and doesn't make much sense to have vertical really which is why there are so few skins made to that resolution. Could you not rotate the monitor back to it's 1024x768 position? Should be just a case of opening up the cab and rotating the screen as it's essentially square it should work either way?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...