Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Keymapping or keyboard keys assignment

Started by Johnyfroes, December 03, 2016, 10:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnyfroes

Hi, etouch impressing me more everyday. One small question. I am using a numeric pad keyboard on my previous jukebox software as my volume controler en next song remote control. I am using the #8 key as vol. up #2 vol. down and #0 (zero) as next selection. Now when I try to use it with etouch it will let me set these numbers in the keymapping but it will work with the keyboard numbers that are on the main keyboard that are placed horizontaly 1-0,  I can't figure out how to make it work with the numbers on the numeric pad, any hints on how to accomplish this?  Thankz.

Mark Norville

Please do not quote me on this one, but I think that every key has it's own identifier

So key pad 1 = hdm

Top row 1 = tdm

So even though you are pressing the number 1 but the keyboard short cut codes might be different.

If you are using the top row keys rather than the keypad, then select the top row as your numbers.

Give that a go and see if it works.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Another way to check is open notepad and see what appears when you press those numbers.

Barcrest

Need an app to show the CHR$ of the keys being pressed to see if top row 1 is the same as keypad 1. If one doesn't exist I can write one.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Johnyfroes

Thanks for the feedback.
Programming it to the top row numeric keys on the main keyboard won't help me, because I am using one of those stand alone usb numeric keypads.

I did solve the issue by using an app called hotkeys, it allows  me to remap my keys in Windows itself.

Gaucho

Johnyfroes