Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

my e touch running slow

Started by grimwasere, December 05, 2016, 08:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimwasere

ok ive just installed etouch 10 new mb and cpu quad 3.2 gig  8gb memory and my jukebox runs really slow, touch forward and takes couple of seconds to react any advice on getting it running faster  eg settings ? better gfx card?  gfx card not the best one installed

thx

Mark Norville

Firstly how old is the hard drive? I would look at that first.

Secondly where have you installed the program to? Have you installed it in c:\program files or outside of it such as c:\jukebox

Thirdly what skin are you using?

I do not have the latest version of 10, but I am on 10.0 and I have used that on a pentium d cpu 3.4 with 4 gig of ram and it ran smooth as hell. I had a gtx 610 in it, but I am now using the computer as my office computer.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

grimwasere

cheers mark  harddrive was a new 1 tb about 5 weeks ago
jukebox is in prog files and music is stored in C:
skin is sxxLxxS png V8.0.0.4    1024x786  i think

Mark Norville

The program needs to be outside of c:\program files and run as admin.

I have mine in c:\jukebox

I did install mine in program files when I first started, but to be honest I did not notice that slow a difference.

I would deinstall and then reinstall.

What operating system are you running just out of interest?

P.S install program as admin, run as admin as well
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

grimwasere

windows 7 sp1

will try out of prog files thanks

grimwasere

ok i installed to root of c:  no change

do my music files have to be in the e touch 10 folder as i have them in a seperate folder in c:

the only things that are slow are scroling through covers so swipe is slow next and previous is slow and picking letters is slow all other buttons to pick tracks etc are instant

Gaucho

I noticed a difference just having the music on a separate drive.

Barcrest

Make sure you are using the small covers rather than 1st cover found, I set my small covers (coversmall.jpg) to 200x200 and it pages fine. Also V10 is much quicker than V8, you can put the V10 exe in the V8 install and try it out for a speed comparison.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

grimwasere

Quote from: Barcrest on December 07, 2016, 11:21:23 AM
Make sure you are using the small covers rather than 1st cover found, I set my small covers (coversmall.jpg) to 200x200 and it pages fine. Also V10 is much quicker than V8, you can put the V10 exe in the V8 install and try it out for a speed comparison.

ok cheers barry looks like what i have done is a lot of my covers are over 1400x1400  what is a good size for the main covers? and im trying to get the best resolution on all my covers.

200x 200 looked quite pixelated and blury in small cover.

also what boxes do i need to tick to change all covers? and would a better gfx card help if i wanted better resolution covers?

Gaucho

1400 x 1400 would be great res for full screen artwork but we are talking about thumb nails which are only small, maybe 50mm x 50mm depending on your screen size. Mine are 170 x 170 and look O.K. on my 22" monitor. Config will create the thumbnails for you as long as they are already named cover.jpg which is what are used when scrolling. My main covers are only 500 x 500 in the main as again they don't take up that much screen space.

Mark Norville

If you download from www.fanart.tv they are 1000 x 1000 so pretty much this is standard. It reallly depends on if you use other programs or not such as Kodi, then obviously you want at minimum 1000 x 1000 anything above that I feel is over kill and not really needed.

Barcrest

My small covers are probably about 150x150 on average and look in the paging screen, my larger covers i also try and keep around 500x500 and they look fine in the track listing screen and now playing. Try resizing them with irfanview and set the quality to highest when saving the jpg.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...