Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Individual track art?

Started by wwwombat, December 08, 2016, 01:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwombat

I cannot remember whether individual track cover art was an option with ETouch.

I believe ETouch doesn't have an option or coding to display any embedded track art within the mp3, although that would be ideal.

Also the "album" primarily uses the folder.jpg to use as its artwork.

I create my own "Greatest Hits" album/folder for each artist and I was wondering whether, if I place in that folder individual jpgs that EXACTLY matched the physical file name of the associated mp3 whether it could check for and use that instead of folder.jpg

Would just "pretty up" a few screens... especially the track listing of the album page by not repeating using the same folder image. Just wondering if an option already in play I can be enlightened upon, or I can just throw it out there as a possible future enhancement.

Barcrest

It doesn't do that as only one image is shown on the tracklisting so i wouldn't see how individual images would work. You can put a track per folder and give it it's own image like the old sound leisure video surfer used to work. If you do that set it to jump straight to play options on a single track as well as the tracklisting screen is redundant then.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wwwombat

Hmmm. probably chose the wrong screen as an example (although I was sure there was a skin screen that did this)... perhaps I should have said the charts / queue / search results etc. screens instead... i.e. if searching for 'Dire Straits' then the resultant search shows the same folder.jpg cover for each of the tracks whereas a quick check to see if title_artist.jpg exists and display that instead of folder would be nice.

I hear you on the track-per-folder but not willing to rejig all my setup in that fashion. Oh well....

What about the future possibility of pulling the image from the mp3 imbed if it exists? Since it could use folder.jpg still for the main displays, would it take much extra CPU to pull these when needed as most apps seem to do?

Barcrest

Quote from: wwwombat on December 08, 2016, 10:44:34 PM
What about the future possibility of pulling the image from the mp3 imbed if it exists? Since it could use folder.jpg still for the main displays, would it take much extra CPU to pull these when needed as most apps seem to do?

It isn't the cpu it is disc access, to pull from the mp3 it essentially dumps it to a temp folder and shows it. Well with the code i have and it isn't very quick. Might be something that could be added but not sure if it will be due to falling interest and a severe lack of time right now. At the moment i am just trying to get any actual bugs fixed and the only bugs left tend to be obscure and hard to nail down.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...