Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Video clips

Started by Drben, January 18, 2008, 06:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drben

I'm just wondering how people have their video clips set up in Freebox...? Is the idea that the clips are kept in the same folder as the mp3s? eg you have a music folder, in that you have a folder for each album and in that folder you have the mp3s and videos?

Mine is set up as a completely separate folder, eg I have a music folder with all the albums in and I have a videos folder with each video separated into folders by artist eg "d:\videos\Nirvana\Nirvana - Smeels Like Teen Spirit.mpg"

The downside of my way is that there is no cover art and if I was to put cover art in it, the clips are often not all from the same album (but there may only be 2 clips by one artist so it seems silly to have them separated by album as then it would only be one song from each album in it's own folder with different cover art..)

I'm quite torn on which way to go with this so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

Barcrest

I have mine set up the same as you have, i just put a generic cover in the folder. Use a greatest hits if there is one.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

My juke is set up so all my albums (all audiofiles ) display under the Audio section. They are in their own directory, have their specific album art and are in c:\Audio\Genre\Artist\Album\Track.mp3.

The Video section is the default jukebox mode, here I have it set up to display just artists and only the 'best of' or most popular songs under one album name (which I leave blank so only the Artist appears on the display screen), this is the main party mode - i have both video and audio files in here (but I am slowly converting the mp3s to videos as I create them). Theres nothing worse than being in the middle of a party and track 13 of some obscure band that no one but myself knows about starts belting out some thrash metal song (or heaven forbid, a country track) and you have to quickly rush to the juke and hit skip. This 'party mode' is great as you can let it go on random and be confident of no weird songs ruining the party, and it usually has the songs most of the partygoers know or want to hear.

If someone is looking for a particular song thats not in the video section, they can just do a search under the audio section to see if its there, a quick play now or add to queue and the juke continues in party mode.  I have the video section under its own directory (c:\Video\Artist\track.mp3-.mpg) as its alot easier to update and add songs to this way, also as I tag the video section differently to the audio section it helps out here too.  For album art in this mode I usually use a 'greatest hits' cover or a good wallpaper off the net. (eg. for Pink Floyd I use the iconic dark side of the moon cover, nearly everyone knows what band that cover is from.)

Barcrest

Yeah i too have the video as my default display and i try and put the most popular tracks and my favourites in there as videos. I am in the process of finding videos for all the "Now that's what i call music" albums as these tend to contain all the chart hits, i am only a quater of the way through this. As for album name i used "Videos" for the artist collections and on the proper albums like the NOW ones i use the correct album name.

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

I create my own videoclips - well I record channels like mtv, vh1 etc on my dvd recorder, then convert the vob files to avi's, add a bit of gain (they tend to be about 9-12db too low) and then I have to convert them to mpg as for some reason my juke wont play avi's, even though ive upped the latest codecs and gspot says that the codecs are installed, im guessing it must have something to do with how the dvd recorder encodes the files as other avis ive grabbed off the net work fine.  other than that im thinking it might have to do with wmp (im running 9) cant seem to get 11 working on it - last time i installed it, it crashed my juke and i had to reinstall windows and everything.

but it works, so im happy.

Barcrest

Well the AVI extension doesn't reflect the codec required. It can be DIVX or XVID or one of a number of other codecs. Have you tried using the K-Lite codec pack i mentioned before?

Jukebox Stats...

Drben

Excellent. good to see I'm on the right track thanks guys :)