Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

slow and a bug

Started by hunty3000, January 18, 2008, 10:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunty3000

first just like to say that i think freebox is the best jukebox program out. but just a few questions

just installed the black and blue skin and now freebox runs slower. worked fine with other skins. is this normal.

when no song is playing and you click the album cover under the now playing menu, it shuts down freebox.

can you just have 6 albums displayed instead 12 so it speeds it up when going threw the albums

im running 4.12. thank you

eist1

hunty,

You say you are running version 4.12? That is a very old version where did you find that? The Black and Blue skin was made for current versions (which is up to 37 right now, but still in beta) you can get the most up to date version of 3 and it should work. If you are running on a slow PC the speed may be an issue, but have not heard of too many problems.

hunty3000

thanks for the reply mate

i am using freebox V3.24 Demo Release

and 4.12 of the black and blue skin.

these are the newest versions of them both arnt they?

eist1

Yes, the newest version of the BnB skin is 4_12. I have not heard of any problems with it. Although there have been some additions to the Freebox beta version that teh BnB skin has been updated for. I'm not sure if Barry has added the updated to V3 yet. I will try to test the skin on V3 tonight or tomorrow. As for having 6 albums per page, there are not any plans to offer this, as 12 seems to be working on almost everybody's PC's. I will be disabling Album Reflections in the next release, and that will speed things up. If you need to disable it now look in the post in Skin Releases pertaining to whether Album Reflections are needed or not, I have posted how to disable them.

andowhy

Check your image sizes also, as youare displaying 12 albums each page with this skin it may be you have some big files in there which is cauing some slowdown.  320x320 is the optimum size if i recall. Mine are all 350x350 and I dont notice any problems at all.

The link for the resizer program is floating around here somewhere.

eist1

Here's the post I posted awhile back with the resizer info:

Found a freeware batch .jpg resizer

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

All you have to do is rename the executable to whatever size and swiches you want. I just used it and these were my settings [PhotoResize350RIS.exe] so this resizes the images to 350x350 (or if they aren't exactly 350 it will resize accordingly), it will go into subdirectories, and the S means that if it finds a file smaller than 350 it will skip it. The trick is just put the .exe in the same directory as your root Music folder (My Music) then drag the whole folder containing all of your albums on top of the exe, hit run and off you go. Worked for me fine. If you check out their website, there are many other switches to use, but I just needed the basic ones. Thanks

eist1

I just tested the BnB skin 4_12 with the newest V3 version (3.0.25) and it worked fine. You need to go get the newest Freebox download in the V3 Private Releases section, and see if that works better for you.

hunty3000

ill have a go a resizing the covers today.
also when you click the download song button can you move the directory instead of C:\Program Files\Freebox V3\download

hunty3000

thanks it alot faster now i resized the covers.
thats a good program too.
about the closing down of freebox it only happens if you start freebox with no songs playing and go into the now playing menu and click the cover. it does not shutdown if there has been a song playing before.

Barcrest

I will get the bug fixed in the next release.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Bug is fixed i just put the fixed download up for anyone who has donated.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...