Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Screen Resolutions

Started by berrywell, January 18, 2017, 04:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi all,

As not much has been happening in the general discussions section for a while I thought I'd start a topic to ask what screen resolutions people use on their Jukebox?

When making skins I usually make them either 1024x768  for 4:3 screen & 1920x1080 for 16:9 screens. I have gone with those resolutions as my juke uses the 1920x1080 res and the original, bundled skin with E-Touch is 1024x768. I have noticed though, that sometimes people use a 1280x1024 resolution, which I believe is 4:3 as well.

So, what resolution do you use(prefer) on your Jukebox?

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

I have three.four resolutions, to be honest. You can never please all of the people. I have a 4:3 cab, I have a 24 odd inch, a 19 inch and a 32 inch.

Only one is not a touch screen monitor, which is the one that I am typing this on.

You really need to skin for yourself and not worry about other people, unless they pay you of course lol

I know at the moment I am out of steam, and two of my PCs are in bits at the moment, I bought the Nvidia Shield before Christmas, and it kind of frees me from doing what I hate, downloading, tagging, sorting.

I will one day soon get my arse in gear, but to be honest for me, it is sort of nice not doing anything.

Hope you had a good Chrimbo and new year.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

My juke is 1024x768 as it uses an old 4:3 ratio monitor. That combined with this resolution is perfect for this size/shape and 12 album view mode.

Brad

fatfoot123

4:3 jukebox with 24 album cover view via hdmi matrix box to various screens using 1024 x 768 resolution works fine still using berrywell Christmas skin love the layout. Would love an everyday use skin of the same layout - higher rest is better isn't it I use only music videos
Cheers fatfoot

berrywell

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies :)

I make both 1920x1080 & 1024x768 resolutions skins because at the moment, I have a 16:9 AIO touchscreen PC which is good and works how I want. However, I still have future plans to purchase one of those old pub touchscreen jukeboxes (NSM or Sound Leisure) off e-bay, then gut it and install my own PC & Monitor running E-Touch. As these are 4:3 monitor based, I'm ready to roll with my own designed skins.

Quote from: Mark Norville on January 18, 2017, 05:10:40 PM

Hope you had a good Chrimbo and new year.

Regards

Mark

Hey Mark,

My Christmas wasn't the best to be honest, I broke up from work on Friday 23rd December, then the next day, Christmas Eve, I went down with a bad cold which then developed into a chest infection, so I spent most of my Christmas Holidays laid up in bed. In fact this past week is the first week I've felt OK since then.

Did you have a nice Christmas?

Quote from: fatfoot123 on January 19, 2017, 01:38:37 AM
4:3 jukebox with 24 album cover view via hdmi matrix box to various screens using 1024 x 768 resolution works fine still using berrywell Christmas skin love the layout. Would love an everyday use skin of the same layout - higher rest is better isn't it I use only music videos
Cheers fatfoot

Hi Fatfoot,

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the Christmas skin, I'm now working on converting that to an all year round skin, I did have plans to convert it during the Christmas Holidays but as I've said above, I wasn't very well and so it didn't get done. Fingers crossed I won't be too long it getting it converted. I'm really pleased you like the layout that much you're still using it in the middle of January :) Thank you.

Quote from: ecbrad on January 19, 2017, 12:54:03 AM
My juke is 1024x768 as it uses an old 4:3 ratio monitor. That combined with this resolution is perfect for this size/shape and 12 album view mode.

Brad

Hi ecbrad, thanks for your reply.
It would seem that for 4:3, sticking with 1024x768 is probably the best idea.

I do know from looking at the download stats provided by my web hosting that the 4:3 skins are far more popular than the 16:9, by a ratio of nearly 2:1.

Does anyone use any different resolutions to these two mentioned??

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

I think my 4:3 cab is 1024 or something smallish like that, and the 32 inch is about 1600 or more. The jukebox computer is almost up and running, I just have to put some memory back in it, and then set up a new hard drive. I will be glad when I can finally sort out all of the computers again and get them all working. I paid £124 for a graphics card and not been able to use it yet, which is why I am still up in the air needing a new mobo.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

1280 x 800 for me as that is what my tablet uses and that is how I use the jukebox now. This skin also works fine on the dev machine for testing. I managed to put a 64gb sd card in the tablet and it works fine and i'm now wondering if it will work with a 128gb. The manual said 32gb max, well that was wrong but i didn't want to get a bigger one if it wouldn't work but ended up getting a card for a phone so i got a 64gb and tried it and it worked. With the online searching and all the compilation albums i have loaded it works really well.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

If you have the spare change, just buy from Amazon, they never worry about returns. I would just say it is faulty or something and send it back.

berrywell

oh yeah, forgot about the tablet resolution 1280x800, is that a 16:10 aspect ratio?

As for the memory card, if you have the spare readies at the moment grab one from Amazon because, as Mark says, they don't normally bother about returns, just claim it's faulty & ask for a refund.

fatfoot123

All great setups, hope your on the mend berrywell and at least you might not have to do a skin next xmas. I've got nearly 2tb of music videos so have not looked at a portable drive with a tablet yet but don't wanna give berrywell too much to do or you BB