Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Art

Started by Jayandviv, January 21, 2017, 10:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayandviv

Hi every one I have a couple of hundred albums and I am having real problems with the album art. I have made sure ever album has a jpg in the album folder. It seems to work ok in windows media player but cant get it right on this vr10. grrrrrrrrrr

Mark Norville

Ok firstly as you are a newbie can you say where you installed eTouch into? This can be very important

Secondly what are the jpeg names? Are you calling them as cover or something else?

Thirdly are you running the programs as administration?

Fourthly can you give us an example of your folder structure

Fifthly a pic can also help sometimes.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

Hi Mark I am installing in. c program files and I am administrator in xp service pack 3  I have uploaded a image of the files I am getting most of my images from the internet and ticking use first image found. its a bit hit and miss. thanks jason

Mark Norville

OK the first thing you are doing wrong, but it is no fault of your own, is installing into C:\Program Files. I think with visual basic and of course a lot of other operating systems, it shows you to install into c:\Program Files

You would need to deinstall it, and then re install it into say for example c:\Jukebox

You may still have some issues as it is already in the registry, so you might have to use regedit and delete any mention of eTouch in that.

I will have a look at your picture now, and shall be on the tablet at some point today as I was just going to chill out and watching some TV this afternoon.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

Thanks buddy will do that now. I have got a few albums ok but I have to go into every one and change the title of the jpg to cover. Then copy and past it into the same folder and call that coversmall. I hoping for a quicker way as I have a lot of albums.

Barcrest

Are you resizing the cover small to be  140x140
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Quote from: Jayandviv on January 22, 2017, 10:34:39 AM
Thanks buddy will do that now. I have got a few albums ok but I have to go into every one and change the title of the jpg to cover. Then copy and past it into the same folder and call that coversmall. I hoping for a quicker way as I have a lot of albums.
You should not need to do that. When you run config have you ticked the "copy & rename first cover found" and also tick "Generate image thumbnails"

Not sure if it still happens but it use to be that if the original image was not named cover.jpg you would need to run config twice to get the thumbnail.

Jayandviv

ok pal thanks I will give it ago thanks for your time.