Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

A Few Potential Random Bugs

Started by berrywell, January 24, 2017, 11:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi Barry,

I don't know if you have seen the black and Blue(BnB) thread in the private skins section, Huskyoff reported some problems with the skin, upon checking further, it would appear these are actually E-Touch bugs rather than skin related.

1. ) When using skins with the slider button (such as Touch Genie and the updated BnB skin) the slider button doesn't follow the alphabet when the next/previous buttons are pressed, should this move during this process or is it a bug?

2. ) The hide visualisation settings on the single screen set up do not appear to hold their save settings. I've tried with several different skins are it simply reverts back to on, once the jukebox is restarted.

3.) On the Track Select screen, it doesn't matter which track I select, the Karaoke Available and Video Available buttons are permanently shown, whether the video is there or not and I don't have any Karaoke library at all. I believe these should only be displayed when there is actually a Video or Karaoke track available.

Kind Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

I can answer number 3 this does not happen in the version that I have so unless that is a new bug, it honestly does not happen in 10.0. I can also probably answer regarding the slider as well, and just simply say that has always been crap anyway, which is why I have never used it, or even thought about using it.

If you look at the size of the monitor and how close together the slider is, it is pretty hit and miss. A commercial monitor will often have poorer quality touch than a dedicated monitor. E.G with my commercial monitor, I can sometimes find that I have to click in a certain area and I have hardly any top or bottom or indeed edge sensitivity, however, with my HP I can press within cms of the edge and it works fine.

Just my thoughts anyway, as obviously you snobs are in the PRIVATE section without me, leaving me here talking too much.

All alone, just me and my keyboard.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Hi Mark,

I don't know when number 3 started, I only noticed it in the run up to Christmas, I was going to mention it to Barry but I fell ill and then I forgot until now. It could be just me though that's having this problem as no one else seems to have mentioned it in the private section, maybe I'm going to have to dig around more to see if there's a setting I may have missed.

With regard to the slider, I am with you, I don't really like it either but I'm sure there's some users out there that love it, I personally prefer the 'jump to letter' feature which I've used pretty much from day one.

As for the PRIVATE section, well, you only have to give Barry a donation and then you too can join us all in the snobby parts ;) :D   :beer lol