Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Possible bug

Started by Jayandviv, January 26, 2017, 07:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayandviv

Hi guys was on my jukebox last night for a few hours and I found freebox every now and then would freeze the system. I don't see the problem when I am just running windows. I'm wondering if any of you guys have had this problem.

Mark Norville

I am not on the latest but no problems my end, it will help if you list the following

Operating system
Pc specs
Are you installed outside of c:\program files
Are you running as admin
Are you playing shit music that no jukebox would ever dream of playing?
Is it a dedicated jukebox or do you run other stuff on it,
Have you virus checked

etc etc etc

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

Hi mark,

I am running windows xp service pack 3 as admin and in c:/jukebox it's is an independent system and a clean install there is no virus killer on the machine and it's not connected to the net. As for the music my mother was playing some nasty stuff. J

Mark Norville

Simple fix then, get rid of the Mother easy I should work for Microgreed lol
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Did the jukebox lock up or just stop playing music? Were you running it single screen or dual screen? Was there anything in the error log?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I will add to this, how old is the hard drive involved? Is it new or an old one? You could have hard drive failures happening I personally for a juke would just have a SSD drive in.

Jayandviv

The drive is fairly new. the jukebox just pauses for about 10 seconds I will have ago at reinstalling to latest release. will xp run on a SSD I might have ago. do you recommend an SSD ?

Mark Norville

I personally would get rid of XP and use 7 and a SSD. I am not a big fan of SSD but it really does make a difference on older machines. I did have a 240 gig in my jukebox, but am replacing that with a 120 gig one and using the 240 for my arcade computer. I will get a 120 or maybe 240 for my office PC and a 120 gig and maybe more for home cinema PC,

If your computer is a very old spec, like my office PC is pentium D it does make a lot of difference. I kind of like the idea of an O/S on it's own, and then storage and apps being on another drive if they are too big.

I am trying to modernise mine at the moment, but obviiously that costs money which I am often short on, so have to do it slowly. Hopefully I might have it complete by the end of this year.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Quote from: Jayandviv on January 26, 2017, 02:42:23 PM
The drive is fairly new. the jukebox just pauses for about 10 seconds I will have ago at reinstalling to latest release. will xp run on a SSD I might have ago. do you recommend an SSD ?

SSD need Windows 7 really.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

When you say it pauses for about 10 seconds, is this at the end of a track? Does everything else work and it just plays no music. If it's on a specific track there are sometimes dead space at the end of an album. I had one that was nearly five minutes, easily edited in audacity.