Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Is obsession healthy?

Started by Mark Norville, January 31, 2017, 11:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Guys,

Well my motherboard turned up yesterday, my CPU fan is sat in an Amazon locker and my gaming rig is almost ready to be put back together. My jukebox rig is ready for a replacement SSD and swapping other hard drives.

I have pretty much had a break since before Christmas, very little downloading, no tagging, no sorting, no skinning, no worrying about who is number 1.

If wanting to watch a movie, or listen to music, various dodgy sources available.

Are we obsessed with wanting every single track, every single album on our jukeboxes.

Can we have too much, or is too much a bad thing?

Thoughts, comments, likes, subscribes down below.

Shit that is youtube isn't it, well ok just talk shit down below lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I used to go for a big collection just because I used to host Karaoke and pub DJ and needed a good local selection. Now most places have wifi and I can do everything off my tablet especially with the online downloading function. I find that even with a huge library you end up playing the same stuff all the time. It is nice for random play as that can't pull a track from the web yet but that is it really. If there are enough songs in the queue random play doesn't get chance to kick in anyway i just use it at home as it's easy to put 1 song on and let it pick the rest for me with the e-touch DJ.

Note:
I once got called to do a pub and didn't have my laptop ready so i took a touchscreen jukebox with E-touch loaded and hooked that up to my amp and speakers and used that. Worked fine :)
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

I found that when I first got into E-Touch Jukebox, about 2 years back now, I was obsessed with trying to get every single song that's made the UK Top 40.

Now two years on, I still don't have every song and I find I'm happy with just plodding along with my Jukebox. I enjoy listening to songs but like Barry says, I tend to find myself listening to a 'core selection' of songs on a regular basis. However, every now and again I do remember a song from way back when that I don't have on the Jukebox and so have to acquire it, usually by purchasing a cheap second hand CD from the South American tropical rain forest.

My goal still is to get every song that's made the UK Top 40 in the 20th Century, can't say I'm too bothered about chart hits since the year 2000. The Now Album collection & some carefully purchased greatest hits albums cater for most of the decent tracks in this century. My obsession with trying to get all these tracks though has definitely waned over the past 12 months.

Cletus

I've always been obsessed with having every single song that my brain can remember, first for the Ipod, then progressed to SK Juke. Just so I could go to any song at any time - a GigPig collection!!!

But now with E-Touch happening, its too easy to find online, especially latest tracks that I'm not interested in, but the daughter is....

But I'm sure I will still keep building the collection!!!