Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

chromecast,windows 10 and freebox

Started by Jayandviv, February 04, 2017, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayandviv

Hi all,

I have now upgraded my jukebox from xp to windows 10. (a quad core processor with 4 gig of ram and 160gb ssd and 500gb hd ). Freebox now runs like a dream. I have also purchased a Chromecast device and was wondering has anyone got it working as a second monitor for freebox to use. thanks for your time guys. jason

Mark Norville

Windows 10 is over kill. Google cast works on web browser to suitable TV. It does not cast everything. To give a better example now that I am back on a computer

You will need google chrome, install google cast on to that, and install on a smart TV if it is capable, or have a google cast stick.

It is either automatic, on some systems, such as my Shield, but I showed someone how to cast on their TV and it was a pain in the backside, as you had to load cast first on the TV, then cast to that.

You need to look for an icon which is a almost square with two circles in the bottom left hand side, click on that, and then select cast to device.

It does not make the Device into a second monitor, you would just need a cheap graphics card that can out put to two devices at once, and then do it that way. Some new mobos will be able to do this, with serial cable, and HDMI cable.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.