Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Animted PNG files

Started by berrywell, February 07, 2017, 02:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Just a fairly simply question really.

Does E-Touch support the use of the animated .PNG files?

I appreciate I could always make an animated png file and try it but I don't really have much time to play around with this at the moment.

If anyone knows I'd be grateful if anyone can let me know either way.

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

New albums can be animated, the new entry on charts can be animated as well up and down on the charts.

So yes you can use animated gifs for some purposes, however that is probably all I think.

Barry will of course know more, as I am not a fan of animation to be honest.

P.S of course run as admin ;)

Regards

Mark

Just to add to this, I just looked at one skin, sxxlxxs skin and all of those graphics are png files, so pretty much I would say that you can animate probably most stuff.

Just to double add to this, I did look for animated png files, however I could not find any, with gifs, if you view them, they would animate, but my train of thought was to download one as an example. Find a PNG file called example.png, rename that to example2, and then the file that you downloaded call that example.png.

You would not have to do any work, but you would see if it works within 2 minutes.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 07, 2017, 02:50:48 PM
Just to double add to this, I did look for animated png files, however I could not find any, with gifs, if you view them, they would animate, but my train of thought was to download one as an example. Find a PNG file called example.png, rename that to example2, and then the file that you downloaded call that example.png.

You would not have to do any work, but you would see if it works within 2 minutes.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying, I tried this out last night, I managed to find an animated png file on the internet (wikipedia I believe), placed it into one of the Juke skins and it just displayed a static image, so going from this result I would say animated png files aren't supported. Oh well, never to worry.

Mark Norville

I think the actual problem is that you might need to view these in animation software. I did see one software listed but never tried it, once I wake up a bit I shall try and find it,

I just found this if you want some light reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APNG

Right shall finish here as just woke up as didnt go to sleep till 5am, make that 6am I just read a redited post :(
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Animated GIFS are supported for some images as mark said, not animated PNG's
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Thanks Barry for your reply.

I'll just stick with static images on the skins that I make, far easier.