Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

jukebox v10 freezing

Started by Jayandviv, February 13, 2017, 06:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayandviv

Hi guys its me again.... As you all know I have upgraded my jukebox to windows 10 with solid state drive and all was well till this morning v10 frozen. It starts ok and can go into the settings ok but when I scroll through the pages it freezes on page three. I am going to uninstall and try 10.1. if anyone has had the same problem could you let us know. cheers guys 

Mark Norville

I would take an objective view of using Windows 10 as it is new and less stable than 7 updates might cause older programme or even newer programs to crash, I would not trust it
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

It ran fine for a week and not had any updates as I have tuned them off.

Barcrest

The latest version of E-Touch is the most stable, no bugs have been reported with it so far.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

I'm running 10.1.1 on 7 and it's just frozen for the 1st time ever. Clicked on the album cover on now playing page and it stopped responding

Barcrest

Quote from: djmarkhill on February 18, 2017, 05:26:14 PM
I'm running 10.1.1 on 7 and it's just frozen for the 1st time ever. Clicked on the album cover on now playing page and it stopped responding

Looking at your other post about the full screen not saving I think you may have an issue elsewhere, is there anything in your error log?

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

We later found out on another post, that Jay has 1,000 tracks in one album. Recommended for him not to do this in future.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 20, 2017, 11:23:27 AM
We later found out on another post, that Jay has 1,000 tracks in one album. Recommended for him not to do this in future.

Clicking on that album may have made it appear to freeze in earlier version of V10 but this issue should have been resolved in 10.1.0 still not recommended having albums that large.

Jukebox Stats...

Jayandviv

Hi guys I have split the large albums up and done some tidying up and still having some freezing problems. It just happens when searching albums list.

Mark Norville

How many albums have you got? What kind of file structure do you use?

Have you missed one album or directory that is throwing things out of sync?

Without knowing more details about your settings, it is hard to say as no one else has a problem.

If you can take screen grabs, join http://imgur.com/ so you can upload screen grabs and then you can post here with not having to attach files.

I will add to this, but you said before that you had 1,000 tracks in one folder, how many have you reduced them down to? 500 to one folder?

The MAXIMUM that I will have is 100 to one folder, and I am doing singles as well as albums, and music videos. I have none of the problems you have.

To give an example of my singles

Abba
Abba Vol 1
Abba Vol 2

Even though Abba makes me look very old and sad, I have a directory for the artist, I have another folder for the song, I have folder art etc. Apart from a slow down in time updating, no slow down in things freezing

Regards

Mark

Jayandviv

I have reduced the album sizes to 99 each. if I can catch it on film I will upload it.

Mark Norville

What skin are you using just out of interest?