Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Playing videos

Started by Jayandviv, February 15, 2017, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayandviv

Hi guys, is it possible to play music videos using a single screen. Had a play with the setting with no joy thanks guys jason

Mark Norville

Yes but the skin needs to be able to designed into doing that, which not a lot are, if any at all.

This was what I was working on a while ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lm1J0MxPao

I will before I carry on doing cable management if you want to have videos, then you lose a lot of screen to other bits such as albums or navigation. I lost almost half the screen size on a 32 inch monitor to get the correct dimensions for video playing.

This is the 32 inch, but that was quite high for video play, it is a lot lower now with less albums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLlB5Pjsi8

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

Hi Mark thanks, that looks interesting is there any where I can get hold of that skin. I have managed to get the video to play but it takes about a minute for it to appear is there anyway to reduce the time. thanks jason 

Mark Norville

Hi Jason,

Not at the moment, I am afraid to say, it still needs to be finished off. I started working on it last year, but then I got my 32 inch and then started skinning for that. The first skin is for my cabinet, which I am still in the process of rebuilding.

Once i get that back up and running properly then I can look at finishing off the skin, I am just trying to sort cable management out on one my computers at the moment, and it is driving me crazy, plug in one power cable, try and fit another one in and the first one pops out.

Bloody annoying to say the least, beer break now save me throwing the thing out the window.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Jayandviv

That sounds good. Beer.i would love to know how to do the skins is there any tutorials out there???

Mark Norville

I did do a mini one last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbYy7Ehi5E

It is not really complete but gives you the basics and there is a text file in the etouch directory.

If you can get the basics down, then it is reasonably easy to do, however some screens are a pain in the arse to do, I hate doing history and a couple of others.

You can have a fantastic skin idea, first screen is done in place etc, then history for example means you have to change the design to accomodate something.

berrywell

Hi Jayandviv,

The main problem with a single screen set up for videos is, as Mark said, pretty much every landscape skin isn't designed for watching videos on a single screen.

There is a workaround by using a setting in the Jukebox Menu - "Click on 'Options', then 'Appearance' then tick 'Auto Full Screen for karaoke/video (Single Screen)'"
Then when you select a video, bring up the 'Now Playing' screen by clicking on the Cover Art (usually found on the main album screen) and the video will be playing full screen.

The down side of this set up though, is that you can't really use the jukebox for anything else while the video is playing, as the video will obviously disappear from screen when you try to browse the Jukebox.