Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Collections vs Playlists?

Started by brendan17k, March 20, 2017, 01:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendan17k

Can someone tell me what the collections tab is for? Whats the difference between that and a playlist? How do I add a collection? Thanks again guys. This forum is very helpful in trying to get the perfect setup!

Mark Norville

They can technically be the same, e.g you can have one hit wonders as a play list and also a collection.

However, with a collection, you can use a text file and import songs into that collection, without having to search for them, as you would with a play list,

A collection also has a fancy icon that you can use as well, which looks better.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

brendan17k

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 20, 2017, 07:31:50 AM
They can technically be the same, e.g you can have one hit wonders as a play list and also a collection.

However, with a collection, you can use a text file and import songs into that collection, without having to search for them, as you would with a play list,

A collection also has a fancy icon that you can use as well, which looks better.

Regards

Mark

Thank you for the info. Is there a video or guide somewhere on how to import a collection?

Mark Norville

There is a thread on the forum, called tutorials http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=4966.0 this is in relation, but not much information really regarding collections.

I am not on the office pc at the moment as 8pm almost. I do not have etouch installed on this PC.

I will try and do a quick video tomorrow, although it is bugging me, so I might

sod it, hang on, shall boot up the office PC.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I would say a quick one, but just under 5 mins long https://youtu.be/x-vIwCaZwVY

The basics of collections hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

brendan17k

I will check it out. Thank you!  :beer

brendan17k

Last question and I'll leave you alone for the day lol.... How would I make a text list to add to collections from my mp3's folder? Thanks again?

Mark Norville

You cannot do that in eTouch, it only saves to CVR file, as you would be doing the job twice then, you would need a third party X to text program if something exists.

There might be something that I have missed regarding making a text file, but only just woke up, on my first cuppa, and no ciggies till I hit the shops.

Gaucho

Depends what you want to do. I used CVR creator which is in etouch and created collections for decades e.g. 60's, 70's etc. Changed the label of the button to decades and also put some jpg's in the collections folder to match the name of the cvr file.

wwwombat

I thought the major difference between the two is that "PLAYLIST" was your "normal" playlist - i.e. a files that contains, line-by-line, the full pathway/filename to a number of songs/videos you want played.

Whereas "Collections" was a created (through the CVR Creator) set of jukebox ALBUMS (like I created ones for all AUSTRALIAN ARTISTS, KIWI ARTISTS, DIVAS WITH 5+ HITS, or "FOREIGN HITS") that you could further click into to see and select from the entire album tract display.

At least, that's how they work for me.

Mark Norville

A playlist creates a m3u which is a windows media play list and can be used on most stuff, it does not create a text or cvr file

A collection creates a cvr file, which you can only use on etouch.

A play list is more controllable as you can see a song you do not have in a play list and then want to add it.

You can create a collection via a text list so you can add what you like and then convert to cvr

Barcrest

Quote from: wwwombat on March 24, 2017, 05:09:07 AM
I thought the major difference between the two is that "PLAYLIST" was your "normal" playlist - i.e. a files that contains, line-by-line, the full pathway/filename to a number of songs/videos you want played.

Whereas "Collections" was a created (through the CVR Creator) set of jukebox ALBUMS (like I created ones for all AUSTRALIAN ARTISTS, KIWI ARTISTS, DIVAS WITH 5+ HITS, or "FOREIGN HITS") that you could further click into to see and select from the entire album tract display.

At least, that's how they work for me.

This is true, the play list is a list of tracks and the collection is a collection of albums.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...