Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

How to download for evaluation

Started by imatariman, March 22, 2017, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imatariman

Hi

I have just registered and I'd like to DL a copy for evaluation but the links to the earlier versions, 1-3 seem broken?

Regards

Mark Norville

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Here is the link to the latest demo version http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5956.0

Download this, right click on setup and run as administrator
Install OUTSIDE OF c:\Program Files (Install into Jukebox or something similar)
Run everything as admin

If you need any further help, someone is usually here, but a lot of people are on UK time, and we are on 23:09 now, so most will not be on till tomorrow.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Quote from: imatariman on March 22, 2017, 11:05:52 PM
Hi

I have just registered and I'd like to DL a copy for evaluation but the links to the earlier versions, 1-3 seem broken?

Regards

I could be wrong but I believe that the early free versions of E-Touch 1 - 3 are no longer available for download.

Mark Norville

Usually, a waste of time giving free earlier versions, when the demo shows how things have progressed, sometimes people just want the free version, so that they do not spend any money.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

imatariman

Thanks Mark, got that OK.  Sorry for the confusion, I'd trawled the site and somehow got the impression that to assess the basic software, you had to look at the earlier versions, each time I clicked on the V10 at the front of the site, nothing seemed to happen, still, it's OK now.  I was surprised that there aren't too many skins available, what there are, are very good though.  I have just built a new system with a 4K monitor, so I have downloaded to that PC to get a good look at the software, it will eventually run on another older laptop dedicated as a jukebox with a separate touch screen monitor.  I like the appearance, very bright and clearly, very touch friendly so I'm looking forward to tring it out over the next week, as I said, thanks for the speedy response, I appreciate that.

Regards

Tony

Mark Norville

Hi Tony,

Barry is a better programmer than he is a business man, or a website designer I am afraid. You have more skins in the private life time subscriber section which costs about $70.

The website and also the forum really needs a kick in the arse, the private skins really need to be shown for the public, and have screen shots, but no download links, just to show what is available.

Apart from small things, I can vouch for the software, my name is my bond. I found this software years and years ago, I had a love hate relationship with it, I wanted to get it working, but was very little information. It was not out of the box friendly so I gave up a lot of times on it.

Almost two years ago now, I purchased version 9 and because I had parted with my money, I then had to learn how to get the best out of it, and I have not looked back since. A few bugs in between, but they have been sorted out and pretty quickly.

Very easy to skin for once you get your head around the basics, so literally if you have graphical skills, you can pretty much make this anything that you want.

Regards

Mark

imatariman

Hi Mark

I take your point about the skins being shown, it's likely to create a degree of envy and therefore arouse more interest, I see you have replied today to another post where the writer also asks about access to the private list of skins, in my view, the $70 asked is quite reasonable given the high degree of technical content in the software, and as for a few bugs, well even the likes of Microsoft have continually turned out bug-ridden software for many years now, so what are a few issues now and then.  I fancy the idea of skinning too, I hadn't realised it was something within reach, I'm no coder, but as you say, when one looks into it, with effort it may well be possible.  I had looked at several commercial offerings before excluding all but the two 'biggies' as it were, but I was taken by a freeby called DWJukebox, which I'm sure you'll be aware of.  I have amongst my rubbish an old Candy cab arcade machine which has a primitive touch screen built in, so that'd be perfect as another project, just to reproduce an old 50's style JB, no need for cover art etc, just a straight graphical reproduction of a wurlitzer or similar, I like the idea of playing around with the ini files etc - but that's a little further down the line, this has priority as it's going to be a focal point.

I see you seem to be amongst the first to provide help when those like myself in need of help and advice, so I'm sure the site owner appreciates your efforts - regardless I appreciate the time you've taken, I noticed on another offering, Zenpoint, folk were asking about important issues such as transferring their licences etc, some in 2016, absolutely no response from the website, unbelievable, still, there you go.

All the best

Tony

Mark Norville

Hi Tony,

Like your good self, I looked at many options, I do have (censored) and I brought another package called (censored) but they want £50 every six months or year I think it is for updates. So I have brought three packages now, and this is the one that I am using.

I have tried various other software such as the dw(censored) but did not feel that suited my needs.

I fell in love with the black n blue skin on here, pretty much that got me interested in touch screen jukeboxes.

All what you can do is try the demo, see how you fare with it, but as I have said before, my name is my bond, and I would never use any other software now.

Regards

Mark