Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BUG : Skintool Playlist Screen V 9.25 & 10

Started by Mark Norville, March 28, 2017, 11:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Barry,

Been a while since I have found a bug, but trying to skin the play list screen I am trying both version of skin tools, even though I only have an early version of 10 so not sure if this has been addressed in latest release.

I have changed the icons on that screen, saved the skin, ran as admin etc etc when I save the skin, the graphics that I put in are saved and show on screen.

However, when I go back to skin tool and load that screen to make any adjustments, the graphics have reverted back to the originals, meaning have to start all over again.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Ahh you've finally come across this intermittent bug, sometimes this happens & sometimes it's absolutely fine.

I actually first reported it in September last year and both you and Barry couldn't replicate it.

I've found that some of the skins I've made have this problem, others don't.
Although for me at least, I have found that even with this fault it does still actually save the .ini file fine and if you go to the Jukebox program, the playlist page usually displays with your newly saved files in the correct locations.

Mark Norville

Yeah, it does save fine, was just annoying as I had done most of the graphics, came back to see what graphics I had to finish off and all the icons had reverted back.

I don't really use play lists or not at the moment I don't but thought that I would skin the page anyway. At least one button does not work on it, and that is the remove song button, at least it didn't when I tried it.

Pain in the arse coming up against the bugs, especially if they are serious enough to stop skinning, but at least it is better now than version 9, bugs used to stop me that much, I got fed up trying to skin.

I was awake sometimes till 5am trying to work around the bugs.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Yes, I agree there are still a few minor bugs left in the skin tool program, one of which is on the Search Page where the 'Search Tracks' and 'Search Artists' buttons are labelled the wrong way around.

Saying that though, the V10 skin tool is light years ahead of the V9 version.

Mark Norville

More to look forward too then. I am further behind that I was expecting. I started to look at the screens and literally got to start that, got to finish off that one, and was more to start than to finish off, but at least keeping it as uniform as possible can use the same graphics most of the time.

Just a pain in the arse if I cannot sleep properly messes my day up still done a bit of graphics work and tagged a few singles, so calling it a day/night now.

If I win the lottery tonight, I will give you all the files as I will just be buying a ready made jukebox you can finish it all off.

Just looking at my MP3 to sort, over 1300 folders and probably more inside those as well. I know why I took a long break for, getting boring once more.

Still TV time and time to dream about my move to Spain.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Made a post in the v10 release thred about the 2 bugs to see if I can replicate them and then fix them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I thought you would have had the baby bug testing for you by now. God in my days at that age we was down the coal mines, bloody spoilt kids nowadays.

Mark Norville

OK trying to sleep but can't but I just had a bug testing thought

The image size I am resizing to is 160 x 160

Try to resize an image to that or even more and see what happens.

I will test my theory in the morning but I was laid there thinking about it.

Which is not good, laying in bed thinking about skinning, when I should be thinking about women.

Barcrest

It could be to do with having the old style ini and new ini present. I am just guessing here as I still need to test, but it could be that the legacy ini is being loaded by the skintool.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...