Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Default skin

Started by ahurle, April 04, 2017, 10:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahurle

I managed to save the file you uploaded. When you say out it in the Etouch directory, I presume you mean put it in the folder where all the other Etouch files are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Norville

Yep put it in the etouch directory unzip and run was just uploading a video as well
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ahurle

I did that. It brought up the black cmd screen then computer freezes every time and I can't do anything.
Would I be better off uninstalling then reinstalling? I just don't want to lose it all together as I'm not sure the key I have will work.

Mark Norville

Yeah it just clicked

I had it for etouch10 you need to edit the file so that it says etouch8.exe /i

will do that now for you

Mark Norville

The only problem now is because version 8 is an old version the /i might not work, but give it a try anyway

ahurle

I just ran it. It says E-Touch Splash disabled, Commercial users do not see this message.
It still doesn't appear that I can use the mouse tho.

ecbrad

Not to be that guy, but unless you have a licence for this software then you're going to have a bad time. Whoever you bought it from should either have un-installed the product OR transferred the licence details to you OR bought a licence in your name. If you don't have any of that, you're running pirated software

Note: Uninstalling it would require you to add licence details, unless they're stored somewhere and remember it.

Brad

ahurle

Hi Brad. The license was transferred to me, but I have never used it, so was just being cautious. I uninstalled and reinstalled no problems.

ahurle

Mark. Thanks so much for your help. I'm back on track.

ecbrad

Quote from: ahurle on April 05, 2017, 03:07:04 AM
Hi Brad. The license was transferred to me, but I have never used it, so was just being cautious. I uninstalled and reinstalled no problems.

Thats great news and glad it worked out for you

Mark Norville

Hopefully, you will like the software and decide to update to version 10, it is $35 so dirt cheap compared to some.

You will find more skins for version 10 than 8, and less bugs. Version 10 gone a long way from previous versions.

Also the fact that 10 you can use online functions, which for example you want to listen to Pet Shop Boys for example, but you do not have it in your library, the online function will allow you to play songs from Youttube.

So a lot of reasons for an upgrade, and more support as well, if we are on version 9 or above, we cannot roll back to 8 just to advise you on those bugs.

On a more legal note, though, I do not think that licenses can be transferred. I think that you need the software developers permission for that, the person who sold you the machine, might still be using the software on another PC. Which thus would make it piracy.

It would be up to Barry to decide really as to what would happen, if he feels that you are a now genuine user, then your forum status should get upgraded. However, if not then you will probably stay a newbie until an upgrade.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Marks suggestion will work but you will end up with the default settings and as such will have to set everything up. If you search on the registry for E-Touch you will find the entry for the default skin there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...