Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

compilations & search

Started by Martin, April 04, 2017, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Hello there I'm after a little bit of help please...

I have added a load of compilation albums but when I click on the album in etouch it only shows the song title and not the artist & song as in other albums. Also when I use the search function to search for a song that is on a compilation album it does not find it.

Mark Norville

Easy solution

Firstly make sure your files are tagged properly

Secondly goto advanced in config10 and click on use album name on compliations.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Martin

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you suggested and the artist & song is now showing on the album thank you. However I still cant find an artist that is on a compilation album when using the search function. If I search for the song title I will find it but it appears that all the artists are listed as 'various' so they don't show, they appear if I search for the word 'various'.

The files are all tagged properly, title, contributing artist and album all correct.

Thanks

Martin

Mark Norville

Swine I was on the tablet then chilling out watching TV.

Ok the search is not very good to be honest. I just tested this with Sabrina and I would get no hits, I would get Sade for example.

However, when you click on search more by artist, album etc then it will bring up the album and artist.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

Going back to the tablet and TV, and relaxing (hopefully)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Strange, all my compilation albums work fine. What are you using for tagging and can you post a screen shot of config.

Mark Norville

This is a test. I found I had an account with imgur, hopefully this is better than attaching to forum, if someone can let me know if this takes any band width I will remove it.

Gaucho

Aaah the predictive result thing, yep that is unreliable and causes problems with people claiming tracks are NOT on the jukebox.

Once you hit search artist though the result is correct.

Barcrest

This is because the quick results are done by matching up to the artist rec files, these are not created for artists in compilation albums.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Martin

I managed to get it sorted, if I generate my whole library again instead of just updating it, it will then find the artist when I search for it. Happy days... :beer

Mark Norville

The more you add though, the longer it takes to generate so be careful about that, I am noticing a slow down adding singles, to make it faster, keep your folder structure as simple as possible

The more folders you have the longer it takes.

Just to add to this, I will try this tomorrow and see if it works my end, but you need to try on different searches first.

I am back skinning tomorrow if I can get a good night sleep, without a JAFA keeping me up all night, and not in a pleasant way either.

At the moment I am thinking about stripping the initial results, and just having it so that people have to click on search artists, tracks and albums (outside of the box thinking that is Tel ;)

It will save time generating library all the time, and also save confusion on why Sade is showing and not Sabrina.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on April 05, 2017, 07:41:24 PM
At the moment I am thinking about stripping the initial results, and just having it so that people have to click on search artists, tracks and albums (outside of the box thinking that is Tel ;)

I appreciate this could be a good idea if you're going to be the only user of the Jukebox but what about other users if you're not about to explain it?

This may sound very frivolous but would people work out quickly that they would need to type in the search term first and then click on the search 'song/artist/album' button afterwards to get their results. From my experience of watching people in my local pub using the MiM SL jukebox, things need to simple and intuitive.
I wouldn't be at all surprised that once the search page has loaded, users would either instantly click on the search 'song/artist/album' button first or start typing their search term and then stare at the screen wondering why it's not doing anything. Most people would expect initial search results to appears whilst typing on the keyboard.

I'm sure and others will probably disagree with me though :D  8)

Mark Norville

You still have a lot to learn one Padawan but one day you will become the Master ;)

I will show you the ways of the dark side.

Barcrest

Berry is right, what mark suggests is how it used to work and I was persuaded to add the quick search results because people were expecting that to happen.

The issue with searching the whole library for the quick search results is that it isn't as quick as looking at the artist CVR files.

Jukebox Stats...

Johnyfroes

I placed my only system for commercial use, and it replaced a competitors jukebox, and customers complained majorly about this search issue. They complained so much that I had to pull the software out, and replace with the w XP previous one I was using, after further testing at home, I realized that the problem was the various artist Video folders & mp3 folders. In order for it to search a song or video that is in a various artists folder you would need to type in the artist name example Eddie Money and not press search ARTIST but press search TRACK, and it will give you everything that has Eddie Money on it, and this is where people get stuck.

Barcrest

Quote from: Johnyfroes on October 01, 2017, 02:11:53 AM
I placed my only system for commercial use, and it replaced a competitors jukebox, and customers complained majorly about this search issue. They complained so much that I had to pull the software out, and replace with the w XP previous one I was using, after further testing at home, I realized that the problem was the various artist Video folders & mp3 folders. In order for it to search a song or video that is in a various artists folder you would need to type in the artist name example Eddie Money and not press search ARTIST but press search TRACK, and it will give you everything that has Eddie Money on it, and this is where people get stuck.

Where did you get your commercial key from?

Jukebox Stats...