Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

can anyone help me

Started by dreaney, April 09, 2017, 08:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreaney

Hello, I'm looking for a instructions manual for a digital star 2 jukebox .
Does anyone know of anywhere I can get one from please ...

Barcrest

Have you tried asking over on BYOAC?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

dreaney

Hi ..is that on here or another website? I'm new to all this x

Mark Norville

Firstly never a good thing to blow kisses

Secondly here is the link, it has a lot of collectors of jukeboxes http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

dreaney

Thankyou ..didn't mean to offend anyone with a x ...just being friendly  :)

Mark Norville

You didn't blow it at me, so I am happy, but there are certain forums to blow kisses, and certain ones not too. It also depends if you are male or female, blowing a kiss to the same gender, might be ok on some forums, however, can make others feel uncomfortable.

A rule of thumb, is unless something is like a girly forum, then we do not kiss each other. God forbid if we started that.

If you are new to forums, always best not to treat it as you would facebook, if you went into a car mechanic or a body builders forum , and you was blowing kisses, I would love to see the outcome lol

We are mainly software in here, but some people here do get involved with the hardware side of things. The arcade controls, are the people that are more into the hardware first.

I did try looking last night for a manual, but all what I found was the NSM jukeboxes, but none of them said digital star.

I would try the arcade control forums first, but you might want to try on ebay as well, just incase someone has a second hand manual for sale, as people sell keys and other bits and bobs on there.

You could try asking more specific questions either here, or in arcade controls, as to what you need to know, as you might not need a manual. E.G if it is drivers etc.

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

dreaney

Thanks once again ..as you can probably guess I'm not familiar with writing on social media etc .
All I wanted to find out is how to put music onto jukebox .
I'll keep on looking unless anyone knows how to do it .

Mark Norville

Ok that is probably going to be easy to answer. I will ask the sensible first, do you have a hard drive in the jukebox? Do you have a USB connector where you can plug a USB stick into?

How experienced are you? I presume by your replies not very, is eTouch software installed onto the jukebox or is it commercial software?

Even if we do not know 100% answers, we can brain storm.

dreaney

I know it has a CD drive .I'll need to look at it tomorrow when at home  to see if it has a USB drive too .
It says herondata on the inside of the unit .I looked on Google at their website and it wasn't very helpful.

Mark Norville

Usually, it would be a case of putting songs onto the CD and then if you can access the back office, there should be a function to be able to import from CD.

Please do not quote me on this, as I am only guessing on how some systems would work.

P.S yes I did come across their website, and to be honest. I would not have brought anything from them, seeing that rubbish. It is hardly business looking, especially for selling £600 plus machines.

Barcrest

Ah Herondata... I know their jukeboxes sort of. They converted sound leisure machines to digital touchscreen jukeboxes and were cheap so they started popping up in pubs. Then it turned out the seemed to plagued by coin mech reading issues and the touch through touchscreens were very poorly attached leading to them slipped off and as such not working properly or at all. The software on them was terrible with no proper search routine. If I was you I would put a new pc in and get the zytonic drivers working (I think that is the screen they used). Refit the touch trough touchscreen if this hasn't already been done and load some other jukebox software... This will make it much easier for you loading music and supporting it going forward. Depends if you are going to keep using coins as to how easy and what your choice of software will be.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

ive done a lot of these but always wiped the drive and put my own setup on mainly for pub use a few years ago

dreaney

Thankyou all ..I've been sent a instructions manual to my email address .

Barcrest

I was really surprised at the build quality, clearly a take the money and run job.

Jukebox Stats...