Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Downloaded v10

Started by sparkie15, April 14, 2017, 11:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

I downloaded v10 and it has the old v9 skins.  How do i support v10 so i  can download the latest vertical skins on the forum..I paid for the v9 release but cannot see the v10 skin download link..
Thanks Mark

Mark Norville

You would need to make a further donation if you like of $35, this will give you lifetime subscriber, but please check with Barry first, but I think that is what is needed to be paid.

You will then get forum upgraded to lifetime subscriber and you will see the version 10 skins.

I am still version 9 but I have an early beta of 10 for skinning, but I do not level 10 clearance, so I am the same as you, but as I create my own skins, apart from the program updates I am not interested in the skins.

The two supplied skins are just for bulk purposes really, just to give people a working jukebox.

If you had joined now for example, then your original donation or fee, would have gotten you version 10.

Anyway shall stop waffling as need sleep now as almost 1am.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

V10 does'nt look any different from v9.  The first time i loaded it it did look different but had to delete it due to tag issues.  After reinstalling it it just looks and feels like v9 with v9 skins in the skins list.. Im happy to donate to lifetime as the skin im after is an upright..
Thanks

Mark Norville

At the moment there are two vertical skins for version 10 and my private skin that I am working on. I am not realising that to the general public simply because I am looking at doing other skins with the same graphics and pretty much I do not want someone downloading my skin, and then using my graphics to do skins for other sizes.

I am not sure what size screen you are looking for, I am working on 768 x 1366 that is based on a 32 inch monitor. I honestly could not say how a skin would look on a 20 inch screen if the same resolution, even though it should be the same, but without having that size screen it is hard to say.

The difference between version 9 and 10 is that you have the online function and can play music from youtube if you do not have a song in your library. Infact you do not need a library, you can just search and find something on youtube and no hassle, the only thing is you cannot make playlists or collections etc.

Regards

Mark

(Getting a coffee now as can't sleep, so if you have any more questions, fire them off and I will try and answer if I can)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

My monitor is a widescreen kiosk monitor with an output up to 1920 by 1080p.  and 24 inches.  This is why i think it would look better vertical on my wall when i build the new case for it.  All i can do really is load it up and see what it looks like..Hopefully i can get access to the skins and see.
Thanks Mark

Mark Norville

These are some if not all of the skins for version 10 http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6126.0

You need to check your monitor setting though when you put it vertically. It will be a totally different screen resolution. However, you are doing the right thing going for vertical. It is a much better experience and a more authentic one.

I just checked with this monitor landscape it is 1920 x 1080, however, vertical it is saying best setting 1080 x 1920.

Which might be the same as yours when you put yours vertically. I know with my 32 inch I can go higher, but it says that 768 x something is preferred so I keep it at that.

If you can build a cabinet for it, that would make it look so much better than just a monitor on the wall.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Thanks Mark they were the skins i was looking at and i think they would be fine on my monitor.  There are no other skins out there that are vertical to try from what i can see so i wont know til i load it up..How is the best way to get upgraded so i can get access to the v10 skins.
You mentioned about the online function in V10 i cannot seem to find it.  When i click the search button it just allows me to search within my music folder..
Thanks

Mark Norville

You would need to re pay pal Barry, http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/buy.html obviously check with him first, but as you have already paid $35 another $35 will take you to the $70 which will be lifetime.

Either PM here, or put in the public versions that you made a donation.

As for the online feature you need to go to the etouch admin section (pressing esc) goto online settings or whatever it is called in the skin

Check the two boxes that are unchecked, when you go to search it will display your file library first, and then it will have youtube last.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Thanks for that sorted with online.  Really good.
Ill drop Barry a message and request an upgrade.
Thanks for all your help and advice mate
Cheers

Mark Norville

No problems, happy to help, and I will join you one day on lifetime, just my hardware spending is more important at the moment, oh and then food, smokes and booze, ok so maybe I should have put smokes and booze first.

sparkie15

Ha ha yeah ill be putting the booze first when i get my garden bar sorted and the jukebox up and running again..
Its Barry's name  Barcrest onm here adminsitratorr.. When i try to send him a pm it just says user cannot be found..

Mark Norville

Yep that is the one, he is the boss. You will find his posts scattered around anyway, so can PM him via one of those.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Yeah tried pm him and it comes up one or more users cannot be found so i just put a message on public and demo releases wall.
Don't know why it wont send but hopefully he will see the message there.
Cheers

Mark Norville

Yep just reading them now, was bored of tagging so took a break lol

Mark Norville

Just to add to this sparkie, I would give him some time today, he was awake first thing this morning, so he has probaly gone to have a lay down for the next week lol

Plus it is Easter weekend, chance are he will be on later today at some point, either that tomorrow, but he will be here.

Regards

Mark