Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Online songs

Started by sparkie15, April 16, 2017, 01:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

I'm having trouble streaming the online songs.  When i search the song its shows in the search results but when i select it its just a continuous loading screen and doesnt go any further to the point i have to ctrl alt del to end program.
Anyone got any ideas. I'm running v10 and have tried various skins. 
Thanks Mark

Mark Norville

I just tried on my office PC, this would fall down to Barry to have a look at just incase something on youtube has changed. Youtube sometimes do a dance on how programs access their website.

I will try again, but I think that might have happened.

Regards

Mark

P.S Is your name Mark as well? Or are you thanking me as no one else answers you? lol
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

It is working my end, but you have to wait for awhile I think that it downloads the song onto your PC? I had to leave it for about 2 mins or more, then it plays.

Yeah it downloads the song and saves into your download folders, and then tags it for you, so next time you search for that song, it is in your library.

Give it a few mins without touching the keyboard 5 to 10 mins at best and see what happens.

Do an artist search for Sabrina, and you should see all of me, try and use that as an example, and see what happens.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Sorted it I am officially stupid.  Changed it to stream video and all is good about a 2 sec wait to play..
Thanks for reply once I knew someone's was working I knew I was setting something wrong duh...

Gaucho

To be fair it occasionally hangs on me requiring a re-boot, but not always. There is a timeout setting that is suppose to prevent this but it doesn't always work. Mine get's stuck on the searching screen, but as I said only occasionally.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on April 18, 2017, 02:39:01 PM
To be fair it occasionally hangs on me requiring a re-boot, but not always. There is a timeout setting that is suppose to prevent this but it doesn't always work. Mine get's stuck on the searching screen, but as I said only occasionally.

Yes this is a know bug but has proved very hard to actually pin down. I do see it myself occasionally but there is no way to see why it fails, I am looking at improving the work of the time out value so it at least turns off the searching screen and lets you carry on using the jukebox.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sparkie15

Has the freezing issue been sorted with the online freeze when searching for music or has anyone found a workaround.. I have to keep shutting down at the minute as it wont go back..It is only occasionally..