Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Search bar continuous

Started by sparkie15, April 27, 2017, 03:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Hi I'm using the blue neon skin and want to know if there is any way of exiting the online play command..When i search it finds the songs but when i select some of them the blue circle searches and searches and won't do anything else..On some it times out but on others you need to turn off jukebox. Any ideas anyone.
Cheerd

Mark Norville

Have you got anything downloading in the background such as torrents etc?

If you have this might be slowing down any online thing you are trying to do.

I know with my internet, if I am downloading, then usually I cannot do anything else.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

No nothing it's only certain songs and it's the same every time for that song..a back button or exit screen button would resolve the issue..

Mark Norville

If you can give an example of what songs you are having trouble with, then I can check my end for any problems.

Also you can download your own, I wrote this guide ages ago, let me know if it is out of date http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5613.0

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

search for the way to your heart on songs and its soulsister the way to your heart.  Its just one example but there have been quite a few.  Because it continually searches you have to exit the jukey all together.  Is there no way a back button can be added to that screen to allow you to exit on a failed song rather than it just hang..

Mark Norville

Working fine my end, well I say fine but you it takes about a minute or two before you get the play option to come up.

You need to be patient, give it a few minutes. It needs to download and then it tags your download.

However, I am not on the very latest version, but it does work my end.

Typical I have broken it my end, was doing a video for you, but not downloading for me now.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

10 mins my end and still frozen it does play the majority and im not bothered about getting it to play the odd one that doesn't.  But when it doesn't and i have to exit it loses all my queue and i have to start all over again..

Mark Norville

Just done this video for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPozOaMIGxw&feature=youtu.be

You can goto settings, and general I think it is and tick save queue on exit, just in case it happens but as you can see from my vid, it took less than two mins for me.

sparkie15

Yeah thats not the top one on that list.  Its the top one that wouldn't play.  Its not any specific song its the issue of not going back if it cant find it.   It just keeps looking

Mark Norville

Gaucho

Mark Norville

Yeah he was the thread starter.

I am getting a problem with the top one myself, it is not downloading, it stays at 0kb.

It might be if there are different copyrights on that video or file format

sparkie15

Surely if it's possible it would be easier to put a back button on that search screen rather than try and find a bug fix. A back button would allow you to return to previous screen if it cannot find the song..I don't know how hard this would be as i haven't tried skinning yet.

Mark Norville

It is not possible to put a button on that searching screen, that is not included for skinning.

However, I am not sure why you are hanging so much, I have not tried blue neon on this computer as on my arcade pc and only setting things up on this.

What kind of PC are you running how much memory hard drive etc, what is your internet connection like?

Have you got other stuff installed? Have you virus checked? How long have you had your hard drive for, is it a dodgy hard drive?

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

One machine is i5 2500k 8gig of DDR 3 ram and 240gb ssd dedicated to jukebox only..Other machine is amd black edition with 8gb ram and 120gb ssd tried this machine toobas dedicated jukebox. This is happening on both machines with 40gb internet. It loads most songs as i said it only permanently hangs a few random. Ones..All others load correctly and some even go back to select screen if they don't load just looking for a more permanent solution to the ones that do save shutting the machine down..I've tried this on other skins too and it happens with the same songs so it is a download link issue.