Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

PC change

Started by mountaindew, April 30, 2017, 08:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountaindew

I am getting ready to switch over to a new pc.What is the best way to transfer everything over so I dont lose any files or my version.Thanks

Mark Norville

Are you transferring hard drives to the new computer or a new hard drive?

Save me waiting for an answer, if you are installing a new hard drive, then you would need to install your version onto the new computer, and then transfer your database files across, making sure that they match to the same locations.

So if your music was pointed at D:\Audio, then you still need D:\Audio, you cannot have them pointed at E:\Audio.

You would obviously need your key etc, but unless you have something special that we do not know about, it wouldn't take long to do a generate library.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Windows Easy Transfer does the job.

Norman Marshall

I have 3 hdd's in my juke,  C drive, hdd for music,  hdd for karaoke,  that way if you need files transferring then unplug hdd's  and put them in ur new machine
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Mark Norville

I think he has done this before, asked a question, which was on the 30th of April, now four days later and still waiting to try and help him.

I notice that there is a couple of them like this, I know people have lives, but I have waited for hours thinking a poster might come back with a quick answer if they are that desperate for help.

Days later and still hanging around waiting for a reply from the OP.

God, I need a sex life, or even just a life would be nice, roll on robotic dolls, quite fancy a Chinese.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on May 03, 2017, 08:45:25 PM
roll on robotic dolls, quite fancy a Chinese.

You want the animatronic Real Doll(TM), however that seems to have been in beta for ever. Also as it says in futurama "Don't date Robots!"
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mountaindew

thanks everyone for the help.I did not realize I had answers to my questions thats why I havent responded 

Mark Norville

We always answer a call for help. The help can be bug testing, or suggestions but is annoying answering a question and then not getting a reply for days or even over a week or two now.

Are you sorted now or do you still need help?

Regards

Mark

mountaindew

Sorry for that.I am trying different things at this time.I might just go with a external hard drive or a usb hard drive

Mark Norville

The problem you will have is an e ternal hard drive is more power sockets needed. Unless you hide everything then cables can look a mess, still at least you know what will work better for you when it comes down to decoration and wiring, I will eventually get around to mine as I hate seeing wires and computers all over the place.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

I have an 8TB external as they are cheap now. It came in handy when I used to DJ in pubs to take with me as well as use for the juke.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

8 TB?  where the hell have I been
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...