Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Text boxes - Any way of centering?

Started by Mark Norville, May 10, 2017, 10:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Guys, Barry

At the moment, you set the width and height and font size. You can have the font, left, centre and right however, this produces some very messed up results, especially on track listings.

Is there any chance in the future, like yesterday that we can have some form of expanding box?

E.G CURRENT (It puts the title at the top of the box, even if it is 01. Faces, when really I want the title to be in the middle all aligned with smaller titles.

-----------------------------
                TITLE

-----------------------------

E.G FUTURE (For longer titles such as 03 - Juliana's Global Dance Network Mix the title then fills out the box and expands upwards, so that it keeps everything central.

----------------------------

TITLE

----------------------------

At the moment it is frustrating trying to get things flush and unless you are willing to cut off some of the song title and only having limited characters or a tiny font, I cannot see a work around for this.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

I haven't managed to find any way of doing what you want, I know I've certainly tried, in the end I just made the best of it by just making the text 'fit' the box.

I suspect this will have to be a sorted by Barry in the main app.

Mark Norville

Yeah, that's why I added a sneaky Barry at the end.

It just looks a mess really, especially if you are doing something different, if you have a long box you can sort that with no problems, yet with anything different, it looks like a dog's hind legs, and makes a skin look unprofessional.

I try and get it as close as I possibly can, but no matter how many times you click on random you will end up finding one album, that is far too long.

Tracklistings can be the worse I just did a random search now dreamboats and petticoats 5

07. Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers - Why Do fools fall in love (36 letters for artist alone, before you even get to the song title)

If you cut the box size down, you end up missing the song title, so have to reduce the font, then you do not get the same effect.

I just tried to generate library again and unticked show artist albums name, but with no joy, but I suppose with various, this is needed.

Just to add to this, I am messing around with track listing, I have put the same font on the page as the main page, and yet the track listings are coming out much different than they are on the album page

So I have Arial Bold 10 for example it shows how it should be, yet on track listings, it shows completely different, and yet if you add more by artist, and have that same font for the album and artist, the font looks how it should be.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

The text is shown that way due to a limitation of the control that is used (Visual Basic Label). To achieve what you want would require a custom control adding and then the labels replacing with that control. In terms of work this is akin to when i swapped out the custom button control for the PNG files control. It is a ton of work, so the short answer is what we have is how it will be staying.

If I was to go on and make a V11 then this is something that could be looked at but I can't see that happening.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...