Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touchscreen Problems am baffled

Started by Mark Norville, May 15, 2017, 02:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Hi Guys,

Just messing around with my arcade cab, I have installed my touch screen drivers, and green light saying connected.

I can move the mouse around, drag and drop files, open files etc, but when I launch a program such as etouch or simpletouchfe I have no control any more, it completely wipes out.

I did not have this problem before, so I cannot understand why I would have it now.

Any thoughts or suggestions

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

Mark Norville

Zytronic I installed the drivers and then screen seal I can use the touch screen but not when things load up. If for example I have the box pop up saying run as admin, I cannot touch that.

It is weird to say the least.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

if it works ok on desktop but not when you launch a program I would say its software settings due to resolution changes maybe

go into software and make sure you have desktop 1 set as default even though you may not have 2nd screen enabled it
will go looking for another screen to set touch control on due to resolution changes

Mark Norville

Shall give that a try tommorrow makes sense as it has been on another monitor. It is actually working better than before loading first time, but just that happening.

jukejohn

Mark Norville

I just looked but still no go. I shall keep trying tomorrow I might try it on the internal graphics rather than on my graphics card see if that makes a difference

jukejohn

will be software settings mark not hardware unless graphics faulty

fatfoot123

Hi Mark,

I had a zytronic type touchscreen when i got my juke it was ok with xp,once i upgraded didn't work in the same fashion,even contacted zytronic for the drivers,did end up changing to elo-touch screen like the point of sales unit - had no further problems. Hope this helps but does sound driver-ish
fatfoot

Mark Norville

Ok so it is 3am and I am still messing around.

I have a very curious problem, if I run something in admin mode, I cannot control the screen. Yet if I load it as normal, then I can use the jukebox

ecbrad

Are you sure it's not a focus issue?

Is there a mouse installed to? Fire up the app, ensure you click the app in the taskbar and then see if it works?  ???

berrywell

Hi Mark,

It sounds like you're having a similar problem to what I originally had when trying to get the touchscreen working on my Jukebox cabinet.

Are you running the touchscreen drivers (& calibration tool) in admin mode? I found once I made sure the touchscreen drivers launched automatically in admin mode the touch screen worked fine and dandy with software (such as E-Touch) running in admin mode.  (Just do the usual right click etc on the main driver software file).

Maybe worth a try?

Mark Norville

I think I tried this last night, but I might give it another go today when I have woken up a bit. I might also wipe the drivers off again, and then run the setup as admin this time and see if that makes any difference.

I have installed the drivers outside of  program files as well.

I shall be hitting shower and then the shops soon, so I shall have a play around this afternoon.

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

what version of zytronic software you using

is it the usb or serial type what os are you using

used zytronic for years mark so aware of the does n donts

Mark Norville

I am using the one you sent me all that time ago. I installed the xp version, and then I copied the screen seal over to it, for windows 7.

In system, it is saying that their is no pen or touch input for this display.

Yet it works, unless something is set to run on administration mode. I am not sure if not finding pen or touch is something to do with it.

I deinstalled. regedit last night but to no avail, I might try again later but I am just downloading some goodies at the moment.

I will give it another try with the onboard graphics and see what happens

I am using a 780 ti which I am not 100% if I had in before or not.

Regards

Mark